How to show RTSP camera feed on Node-Red Dashboard

Hello! I'm using the PTZ camera from Minray, and am looking to get the RTSP feed from it and display it on my Node-Red dashboard. I've confirmed that the RTSP address is fine using OBS, but now I'm kinda lost as to how I can show the feed on the dashboard. Has anyone succeeded in doing so?

Hi,
Have a look at this topic and the samples in the topic.

Hello! Thanks for your help.

Right now, I'm trying to follow this flow : RTSP Grab Frame (flow) - Node-RED
But I'm still getting errors (error : 1) with the exec node. I've changed the address to the right one, and the command works if I simply type it in the terminal, but it doesn't seem to work in Node-Red, and I am confused as to why. Will keep looking into it before jumping into the other links you've provided!

This is what I have in the exec node and that works perfect.

[{"id":"372de49d72c42b4a","type":"change","z":"44908087.da8e9","name":"Set filename","rules":[{"t":"set","p":"payload","pt":"msg","to":"/home/pi/node-red-static/grabcam2.jpg","tot":"str"}],"action":"","property":"","from":"","to":"","reg":false,"x":490,"y":560,"wires":[["adcc4b12dbaba3f7"]]},{"id":"adcc4b12dbaba3f7","type":"exec","z":"44908087.da8e9","command":"ffmpeg -y -rtsp_transport tcp -i \"rtsp://admin:password@192.168.1.92:554/Streaming/Channels/101\" -frames 1 -qscale 1 -y -f image2","addpay":"payload","append":"","useSpawn":"false","timer":"","winHide":false,"oldrc":false,"name":"Grab a frame Poort","x":690,"y":560,"wires":[[],[],["b22d2cc311f80404"]]},{"id":"2cc18cf3f35509b9","type":"inject","z":"44908087.da8e9","name":"Test","props":[{"p":"payload"}],"repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"topic":"","payloadType":"date","x":390,"y":500,"wires":[["372de49d72c42b4a"]]}]

This is the flow I'm using for grabbing a frame and save it to disk according the path and filename specified in the setfilename node.
Keep in mind that the rtsp url differs for the type of camera you have. I'm using Annke camera's that are oem of Hikvision.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.