Html request does not forward request body

Hi,

I set up OOB html request node using basic authentication and TLS/SSL to IXIA REST api. The request body is not sent. On the same server where node-red is installed I can use curl with the same data and it works fine. Additionally Postman also has success to the same api endpoint. I have these settings:

header:
Content-Type: "application/json" // the server will not accept (x-www-form-urlencoded etc)
Authorization: Basic ...

method: "POST" // but also fails to send body on PUT method
payload: {json payload}

I also had setup REST api to elastic from same server and this works in node-red (html request) request body is sent.

When testing with curl the only difference I can see between the elastic and ixia apis is that the ixia api wants to use cipher: ECDHA-RSA-AES128-GSM-SHA256

I am running node.js 12.21.1 and node-red 1.3.4
no errors are thrown in consoles.

I had this api in another server and had the same issue in that server however after a server restart it mysteriously started to work there. Going back to that server now the same fault of the request body is not sent is back and nothing I do resolves this issue.

Any ideas? Does the version of node.js not support this particular cipher??
Any help appreciated.

You need to share the settings of the node.

See here for the flow:

[{"id":"1057c3fd.2d96ec","type":"tab","label":"Flow 1","disabled":false,"info":""},{"id":"9779d254.d60b1","type":"function","z":"1057c3fd.2d96ec","name":"filters/search","func":"msg={};\nmsg.payload={name:\"ExtraHop EDA\"}\nreturn msg;","outputs":1,"noerr":0,"initialize":"","finalize":"","libs":[],"x":550,"y":240,"wires":[["6d565bd5.82bd34"]]},{"id":"6d565bd5.82bd34","type":"http request","z":"1057c3fd.2d96ec","name":"","method":"POST","ret":"obj","paytoqs":"ignore","url":"https://10.112.138.138:2002/api/filters/search","tls":"9b4d8ca0.af7b6","persist":false,"proxy":"","authType":"basic","x":600,"y":300,"wires":[["9044a948.da3b38"]]},{"id":"9044a948.da3b38","type":"debug","z":"1057c3fd.2d96ec","name":"","active":true,"tosidebar":true,"console":false,"tostatus":false,"complete":"true","targetType":"full","statusVal":"","statusType":"auto","x":800,"y":300,"wires":[]},{"id":"b6bd6e15.14b2c","type":"inject","z":"1057c3fd.2d96ec","name":"go","props":[{"p":"payload"},{"p":"topic","vt":"str"}],"repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"topic":"","payload":"true","payloadType":"bool","x":520,"y":180,"wires":[["9779d254.d60b1"]]},{"id":"9b4d8ca0.af7b6","type":"tls-config","name":"Ixia","cert":"","key":"","ca":"","certname":"","keyname":"","caname":"","servername":"","verifyservercert":false}]

also the server I am running this on is SUSE12 SP4

It is just the node's settings we need for now. Can't really load flows for every issue in the forum.

which settings are you after? ~/.node-red/settings.js ? or just the html request node settings? or node.js settings? thx.

Can you fix your shared flow? I tried to import it but something is not right due to the missing ``` at the end.

As I said, the node's settings.

@TotallyInformation Is this what you are after?:

@kevinGodell Hi Kevin, I just used the copy button (top right) of my post with the flow json and imported back into nodeRED with out issue. not sure what else I can do.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.