"http in" and "file out" nodes in a subflow

Hello,

I've been working today on integrating the w2ui grid library to Node-RED. I almost created a custom node for it but decided to go the subflow route.

Link to Gist on GitHub:

Overall, it was moderately painless, but there were a few snags that I hit:

1. HTTP in - I couldn't use env variables in the path. Is it possible to use anything dynamic?

2. HTTP in - In working around the first point, I had the HTTP in inside the subflow and was comparing a "param" property to the desired env variable. This worked as long as I only had 1 subflow instance. Seems that regardless of subflows, "HTTP in"s with duplicate path names don't all listen to the path, only one of them will listen. Is there any other workaround for this?

3. File out - I swear I had this working at one point via the node in the subflow but now I can't get it to work, the only way is to pass it to a second output and a "file out" outside the subflow works perfectly even though the data should be the same. What could be happening here?

(ps - is there no forum tag for subflows?)

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
-Matt

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.