HTTP request number of nodes

I have about a dozen NODEMCU's that I use for various measurements. To read them I use HTTP request. Each Nodemcu has a web page that I interrogate for the data and right now I send out a dozen requests at one time. Usually one or two will send back unable to read on each request but it varies over the senors so I get a complete return of data every three read or so. I ping them every 3 seconds. Should I split out the requests over a second or two using a delay node or is one massive request the best way?

give it a go. use a delay node set to "rate limit" mode of around 2 msg per 1 sec.

I noted improvements on a previous job.

Lastly, is there a reason you cannot use MQTT (many ESPxx users do it via MQTT rather than HTTP)?

Was using MQTT at first but for some reason it flooded my network so I changed everything to HTTP. It seemed to work OK. Later on I found out I had some issues with the broker and did get that sorted out but didn't go back to MQTT since HTTP seemed to work.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.