HUE on with transitionTime

i start my outdoor lights with a transitionTime when it goes dark.
but every the group start's with a brightness level of 100% and then start with dimming up from 0%-100%
why ?
How can i disable this?
my Script looks like:

let newPayload = {}
newPayload.brightness = 100;
newPayload.on = true;
newPayload.transitionTime = 900;
msg.payload = newPayload
return msg;

thanks for help
pat

Did you find a solution?

Not yet..

It's seem to be an "error" with Hue lamp. You have to first define the first step (brightness 1%) and then start the transition.

I just create a flow that works, just edit the function and change the duration "1", and state "on off" in my example

var duration = 1 * 60;
    var msg1 = { payload: {
        "on": true,
        "brightness": 1 }}; // lowest brightness
    var msg2 = { payload: {
        "brightness": 100,
        "transitionTime": duration }};
    return [msg1, msg2];

Here the full flow:

[{"id":"5e24bede.c7586","type":"tab","label":"Flow 2","disabled":false,"info":""},{"id":"fd1a1a35.db6348","type":"function","z":"5e24bede.c7586","name":"Allume","func":"var duration = 1 * 60;\n    var msg1 = { payload: {\n        \"on\": true,\n        \"brightness\": 1 }}; // lowest brightness\n    var msg2 = { payload: {\n        \"brightness\": 100,\n        \"transitionTime\": duration }};\n    return [msg1, msg2];","outputs":2,"noerr":0,"initialize":"","finalize":"","x":230,"y":40,"wires":[["e6c88e0b.0ff4"],["e6c88e0b.0ff4"]]},{"id":"ce9d64db.7885b8","type":"inject","z":"5e24bede.c7586","name":"inject","props":[{"p":"payload"},{"p":"topic","vt":"str"}],"repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":"0.1","topic":"","payload":"","payloadType":"date","x":110,"y":40,"wires":[["fd1a1a35.db6348"]]},{"id":"e6c88e0b.0ff4","type":"delay","z":"5e24bede.c7586","name":"","pauseType":"delay","timeout":"2","timeoutUnits":"seconds","rate":"1","nbRateUnits":"1","rateUnits":"second","randomFirst":"1","randomLast":"5","randomUnits":"seconds","drop":false,"x":380,"y":40,"wires":[["f332ccc0.03dc8"]]},{"id":"f332ccc0.03dc8","type":"hue-light","z":"5e24bede.c7586","name":"Bureau ","bridge":"ed539dda.0eeb9","lightid":"13","colornamer":false,"skipevents":false,"universalevents":false,"x":560,"y":40,"wires":[[]]},{"id":"ed539dda.0eeb9","type":"hue-bridge","z":"","name":"LumiereRomelie","bridge":"192.168.1.6","key":"NL3-0NnY0S6GZ227stSfBD3u41fDMjFzXVxDfgUe","interval":"3000","disableupdates":false}]

Hey. Thanks i wil try it :slight_smile:

But you can set the brightness onyl when the bulb is on.
So at first on=true and then brightness=1, but when you set the bulb on, it switchs of the last state (eq. 100%) and second to the brightness of 1%

Hope you understand my post :slight_smile:

Your speak french no? Maybe we can switch in french as we are only you and me speaking in this post.

Anyway, I think you're right. This morning i used this function on 2 room. And in one of them the ligth turn 100% with no transition. In the other room, it was working well.

I will check history of each light

German :upside_down_face:
i think english will be ok...
thanks for checking

do you found a solution?

I increase the delay to 10s before start increasing the light.

which delay?
between on/brightness=1 and increasing ?

Exactly. I increased the delay to 10 secondes

i will try...

but i don't understand why only 1 bulb (of 3 in the group) won't dimm up?!
the command for on and dimm, i send to the group not to all the bulb's.

so i think the hue bridge send's out 3 times the same command, not one command for the group.

i think it's working!

thanks a lot!

pat

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.