HueMagic - Multiple Values in the payload?

Hi,

Sorry if I’m missing something obvious, but looking at the instructions for hue magic (https://flows.nodered.org/node/node-red-contrib-huemagic) how do I add multiple values within a payload message ?

I can turn a hue light on/off , but how do I turn it on to 80% brightness ?

It seems to suggest I have to have two values in the payload, one to turn it on (boleoon) and the other to set the brightnesss (a number/int) ?

yep - reading the docs I'd say you need to set msg.payload to a boollean true/false to switch on/off and you need to set msg.brightness to a number between 0 and 100 to set the brightness

it implies that once you've set the brightness - it will remember the value and use that the next time you switch off/on again

Hi @cymplecy

Thanks for responding, Do you know how I do that within the same msg.payload , I can only seem pick one option (a Boolean, string or number etc.) per inject?

This would be one way - feed a number into the change node and get it to swap it into msg.brightness

You can send an object (JSON), e.g.

{"on":true,"brightness":40}

Thanks

@cflurin - How do i send an object?

I don’t have that as an option within in the payload drop down list, flow, global, string, number etc ?

{} JSON

hue

2 Likes

That works a treat . Many thanks !!