I can't convert text to lowercase

Indeed it was - but also we left holes in it - sometimes accidentally, and sometimes on purpose. As part of our thinking was that a) it would never be perfect for everyone (or if we waited until we thought it was we would never release it), and b) by having flexibility like the function node, or jsonata that we might encourage people to take some steps towards programming to fill the gaps in capability they needed. (or indeed create nodes to do the same) - ie be an educational tool as well.

So far it seems to be working as the community seems to have embraced all these directions, for which we are extremely grateful.

8 Likes

That's what great about Node Red is the flexibility for people who like to rely simply on the graphical tool as much as possible like me and those like @E1cid who want to get into the technical weeds and make use of function nodes, JSONata, & Javascript. In my defense, I do have some function nodes mainly to perform math functions on data coming out of other nodes. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.