In node with timestamp

Hello,
the input node shows me the last value.
For debugging purposes, I need to know the timestamp, so that I can correlate sequence of incoming data. I need this info for every input node, to be able to debug issues as they pop up.
How do I configure this globally ?

thanks you!

I am not understanding the question..... Sorry.

If you are wanting to turn a timestamp into local time, there are nodes to do that.

you just put the timestamp into the node and then a debug node on the output and you will see the local time.

node-red-contrib-moment for instance.

What do you mean by input node? There are many sorts of input node. MQTT In, GPIO In, dashboard inputs, and so on.

Here an example. What I want is the timestamp displayd in the region of the input value. I want to avoid adding extra blocks go give me this information

I don't recognise the node, is it a home assistant node?

this is from the iobroker

You could put a function node after your input-nodes. There the unix timestamp should be something like

const timestamp = new Date().valueOf();

But it's always some time between processing different nodes, which depends on your flow.

yes sure, but this would mean rework with a high number of normally useless new nodes.
It would be clean if input node would display it.

Hi,

Why not put a Debug node right after it and wired to the output port?

Configure it to only display the actual variable you need.
Set the "Output" variable to the the exact variable name + path you want to monitor.
Turn off 'debug window' option and turn on "node status (32 characters)" option.

This is built-in functionality - no new nodes needed.

Cheers,

Paul

please no, the question was how to add this info to a input node.
I have it like that and want to get rid of

It will all depend on what ‘input’ node you are using and if the ability does not currently exist it would have to be added.

The best way to get that to happen would be for you to do a PRfor each node you are interested in having that option.

Maybe, I'm not getting the question. Anyway, you could add a simpletime node after the Lichtwert node. So, the output would be enhanced by rich time information.
You can find it here: Simpletime node

1 Like

that means there is not general override to do it for input nodes; ok i'll check out the implementation of the specific node and check it there

You could contact the node author.
Why do you need this? The node status should only be used for debugging while getting flows to work. The editor is not intended to be an operator interface.

Mild disagreement here. Changes in node status can be caught by the status node and used to trigger a flow. This can be handy at times.

the input nows already shows its last input value. you could also question this.
Expanding it with a timestamp is not wasting much space, and gives a good overview

Hi @melrose

I'm not entirely clear if you are asking about just the iobroker input node, or for this to be an option on all nodes.

I don't believe the maintainer of the iobroker nodes is on this forum, so you'd have to raise an issue against its repository to see if they are interested in the idea.

More globally, there is no way to override all nodes to do this. The node status is an external API of each individual node - it isn't for the runtime to change their behaviour.

I should have rephrased that differently. The status display is principally for debugging. Certainly Status can be useful in a flow as in some nodes it is effectively another output. In the case shown here, however, the status value is also available in the node output so the display is just for the developer following what is going on.

1 Like

No, seeing the current value may well be useful when developing a flow.

Have you considered that if a lot of nodes did this then it could measurably affect the performance of the system if the sample rate were high, as it would be a lot of time manipulation. Therefore it would have to be configurable on a node by node basis.

Why do you need this on lots of nodes at the same time?

I have a system with many inputs that work on a number of similar library nodes. The logic in it is a bit more complex. Inputs are event based on a slow rate.
When I see that the error happened I want that snapshot with the timestamps. My assumption is, the issue is related to data inflow sequence.