Intergrate sms alerts on my raspberry-pi

Hi,

I want to intergrate sms alerts on my raspberry-pi using a usb dongle.

I can send and recieve using “LXTerminal”

Are there any tutorial discribing this operation with node-red.

Many thanks!
Bye!

Look at the Nexmo flow:

1 Like

You should be able to use the Serial node to send it a series of AT commands to send an SMS… typically you need to send one or two at startup to set up the stick into text mode - then you can often just send a single command with the number and text in.

As you have this working from a command line then (imho) it may well be easiest to make that into a simple script that you can call with the message as a parameter then use the exec node to call it.

1 Like

I thank you but I prefer to use a usb dongle.

Hello Sami,

I know this was not your question but anyway have you checked the advantages of sending notifications with telegram for instance vs SMS? There are plenty of options but Telegram is very simple and flexible, you can even create your telegram bot to handle a lot of staff and also works simple with IFTT.

Regards

2 Likes

I thank you but I want a solution that work without web connection.

ok, but as soon as you need a sim card connected, It makes no difference to send a SMS or connect to internet and do whatever, and without internet the limitations are huge.

Regards

1 Like

at the edges of reception I often find that an SMS will go through ok - but I can’t get internet to work in any meaningful manner… so I think SMS still has a place.

2 Likes

Normally my raspberry is connected to the internet through another router.
So among the alerts that SMS must report are network problems.

is there an example that uses AT commands with node-red?