IoT database through MQTT

Hello,

I'm new to this and I have a project that is very important to me, but it exceeds my knowlede.
I have to a database for an IoT device through mqtt protocol and sowing the results in Grafana.
Can this be done with Node-Red? If yes, can someone give me more details about the process?
I've been looking at some yt tutorials but it's still unclear to me
Thank you so much!

Welcome to the forum. Yes this can be done with the aid of node red. It exactly what many people do. I suggest storing the data in an Influx database as that is designed for time series data and is easy to interface with node red and grafana.
I would build this in parts rather than trying to get it all going at once. Initially think about getting the data from the device into node-red.
What sort of computer/operating system are you using?
What sort of IoT device is it and how does it make its data available?

1 Like

Thank you for your response.
I am working with Windows 10. And as for the IoT part, I was thinking about using a rasberry pi emulator.

Sorry I don't know what you mean by a pi emulator being an IoT part. I thought you meant you had an IOT device. I think you had better explain in more detail what you are trying to do. Is this a college exercise or something?

Yes, it is a college project.
And I don't currently have an IoT device and I thought I'd use something virtual instead

OK, yes a Pi could do that. Run node-red on that too and you can easily send the simulated data to an MQTT broker on the PC.

I will try that. Thank you so much for your advice!

InfluxDB also works fine to grab your data from for Grafana.
MQTT is volatile data.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.