Issue installing Node-RED with Homebridge

we only touch node.js if it's not v8, 10, 12 or 14... if it is there already we don't touch it so as long as they are using a sensible version it should be ok... (should.... :slight_smile:

Just to point out, the issues yesterday were specific to trying to install scoped modules - so registry.npmjs.org was available and it was able to start installing the node-red module, but it just fell down when it got to the @node-red/util scoped module dependency.

So whilst a check for the general availability of the registry is good to have it would not have saved this situation.

oh joy... would picking one specifically help (until we rename it) ?

maybe curl -I https://registry.npmjs.org/@node-red/util

I skimmed through the install script and noted there are steps to npm remove NR but also to rm -rf it from the global node_modules dir. I assume you've found it necessary to do that instead of just doing an npm install on top of the old install and let npm do the cleanup?

I'm wondering if skipping the uninstall step could have prevented the old version from being removed in this case or would it have anyway failed...

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.