Issues with Watson Assistant V2 node not returning consistent msg objects

I am currently creating a recipe suggestion chatbot using Watson Assistant.

I have the bot connected to Telegram, which then connects to the Assistant V2 node. The output of the Assistant is checked and either goes to access a MySQL database node, or straight to the Telegram reply.

The issue I am having is that the Assistant node is not returning consistently.

I followed a tutorial on the IBM site to set the flow up, however that tutorial used the Assistant V1, so to use V2 I had to change where the response from the Assistant was accessed.

I am currently accessing the response in the following location:
msg.payload.output.generic[0].text

Here's an example of the debug output from the Assistant when the messages all go through correctly and the conversation flows as expected:

However, entering the exact same commands just a few minutes later results in errors as the Assistant doesn't return the text output.

Here is the error thrown, and the actual output from the debug

As you can see, the intent has been noted as before, but the text from the chatbot is nowhere to be seen in that response and I have no clue what is going wrong.

I will note I am very new to using Node-Red and the IBM cloud suite so if I am doing anything obviously wrong I am very open to suggestions/improvements. For example, I am unsure whether I have set up the flow correctly, and am unsure whether the inclusion of the database has created the problem.

Any help would be much appreciated, if you need any more information let me know.

Thanks,
Andy

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.