`join` node - not understanding the docs

A timeout can be set to trigger sending the new message using whatever has been received so far.

A timeout..... seconds, minutes, hours?

It should be stated in the help text too though.

Manual mode

When configured to join in manual mode, the node is able to join sequences of messages into a number of different results:

a string or buffer - created by joining the selected property of each message with the specified join characters or buffer.
    an array - created by adding each selected property, or entire message, to the output array.
    a key/value object - created by using a property of each message to determine the key under which the required value is stored.
    a merged object - created by merging the property of each message under a single object.

The other properties of the output message are taken from the last message received before the result is sent.

A count can be set for how many messages should be received before generating the output message. For object outputs, once this count has been reached, the node can be configured to send a message for each subsequent message received.

A timeout can be set to trigger sending the new message using whatever has been received so far. This timeout can be restarted by sending a message with the msg.restartTimeout property set.

If a message is received with the msg.complete property set, the output message is finalised and sent. This resets any part counts.

If a message is received with the msg.reset property set, the partly complete message is deleted and not sent. This resets any part counts.
Reduce Sequence mode

When configured to join in reduce mode, an expression is applied to each message in a sequence and the result accumulated to produce a single message.

Someone?

What is your question?

As Colin has shown, in the UI, the timeout field has a placeholder of 'seconds' to indicate the unit.

He was not saying that it is mentioned, but that it should be.

I must have missed seeing the seconds in the field.

All I see/get is/was an empty field.

Ok, now the node is behaving itself and I see the seconds there.

Wasn't there originally.

Sorry. My bad.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.