Just want to check on these three errors

I had to restart NR on a machine.

Seeing these errors when it is starting:

9 Jun 19:56:11 - [info] Loading palette nodes
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named rpi_ws281x

While constructing LEDNode widget: TypeError: Cannot read property 'config' of null
    at addWidget (/home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/node-red-dashboard/index.js:72:39)
    at Object.addWidget (/home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/node-red-dashboard/index.js:136:48)
    at new LEDNode (/home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/node-red-contrib-ui-led/led.js:41:28)
    at Object.createNode (/usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/@node-red/runtime/lib/nodes/flows/util.js:483:31)
    at Flow.start (/usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/@node-red/runtime/lib/nodes/flows/Flow.js:189:48)
    at start (/usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/@node-red/runtime/lib/nodes/flows/index.js:329:33)
    at tryCatchReject (/usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/when/lib/makePromise.js:845:30)
    at runContinuation1 (/usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/when/lib/makePromise.js:804:4)
    at Fulfilled.when (/usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/when/lib/makePromise.js:592:4)
    at Pending.run (/usr/lib/node_modules/node-red/node_modules/when/lib/makePromise.js:483:13)

I can't find a rpi_ws281x in my pallette.

The second one:
That is a bit weird.
But it is that a null has been sent to the LED node - thinking?

Ok, another one snuck in:

pam_unix(sudo:session): session closed for user root
      pi : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/home/pi ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/sbin/iwlist wlan0 scan

I'm looking at it, but may need help.

both are related.

ws281x = LED.

Ok. Thanks.

I have the ui_LED node also installed. So anyway....

How would this be happening?

On the third one:

pi@TelePi:~/.node-red $ /sbin/iwlist wlan0 scan
wlan0     Scan completed :
          Cell 01 - Address: 24:F5:A2:B2:2A:07
                    Channel:6
                    Frequency:2.437 GHz (Channel 6)
                    Quality=54/70  Signal level=-5

It works. So why would it be failing?

Someone creates a node for node-red. this node has dependencies where they import a module, in this case rpi_ws281x. Module rpi_ws281x cannot be found, this has implications: node-red will crash when trying to use that node.

I made the bad assumption that they are related, they are not - my apologies. You are using the dashboard ui_led node which is for visuals.

Do you have a node installed to control ws281x LEDs ?

The wlan command requires sudo/root for certain features of the command which could be the issue.

AKAIK, no. :frowning:

I checked my palette and there is no node for them that I can see.

Interesting.

The command that does that runs every 40 seconds. I found it in the flow and it is giving valid output.

On the log, it was every few seconds.

Did you only restart node-red or did you do something else too?

I edited a rogue node, but that was nothing to do with the errors.

I was (am) messing around with CSS and I goofed.
The node went rogue and I had to stop Node-red and start it in --safe mode.

After fixing the problem I started Node-Red again and saw the error.

ws281x is from some physical LED node - maybe neopixel ?
It is actually the python library so maybe the pre-reqs for the node are not installed.
(or indeed the node needs to be removed)

Curiouser and curiouser.

Thanks.

Further investigation required this end.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.