Kafka Node Sends Null Message

Hi,
I've been sending messages to my local kafka topic from node red's kafka producer but all the messages arrive as null. On the other hand consumer works as intended. Meaning when I write messages to topic using console producer, Node-Red Kafka Consumer Nodes receive the messages. What should I do?

The first thing would be to provide some details

1. what version of NR an dynode.js are you running? (see startup log)
  2. what is the complete name of the Kafka node you are using (if you enter 'kata' in the rows tab at the. top of the forum you will see there are 21 nodes that show up)
  3. what platform is NR running on?
  4. are you using 'Docker' or 'Home Automation'?
  5. attach a debug node (set to display the complete msg object) to the output of the node feeding the Kafka node and copy and paste the debug information to a reply.

Providing this information will give others a better chance to help you out

There’s a great page in the docs (Working with messages : Node-RED) that will explain how to use the debug panel to find the right path to any data item.

Pay particular attention to the part about the buttons that appear under your mouse pointer when you over hover a debug message property in the sidebar.

BX00Cy7yHi

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.