Kv-read/write node doesn´t work

Hey guys,

I want to write to the kv-write node. At the localhost (PC) I can read or write the values and everything works fine. At the IoT2040 nothing happens. I can´t read or write from/to the kv nodes. The node work as a key value database (JSON).
I can also write to the "file in" node.
Can someone help me?

Thanks a lot for your answer

0 Likes

I don't know what that node is but if you have a problem with a node (unless it is a core node), you will need to take it up with the author. Usually by raising an issue on GitHub.

0 Likes

If you have a problem with a contrib-node it is useful if you actually list the full name of the node.
As there are often similar nodes it helps to know which one you are using.

0 Likes

Sorry guys. I use the following node.

0 Likes

That node states in it's ReadMe that it requires nodejs v6.0.0+, what version of nodejs are you running on your device?

0 Likes

Given that node stores data in JSON format, why not just use global or flow variables with file persistence? That feature is now native to Node-RED so the store node probably not required now.

0 Likes

I know what you mean.

My UseCase:
I have a machine with different error messages.
The messages are different. So I made a flow wich can add the new entries in da key-value-database and increment them if they already exist.
This solution is very flexibel.
The flow work fine at my localhost, so I think the problem is the IoT.

0 Likes

Just to clarify,

1. you have NR installed on some device - what is it? a Pi? a PC?
  2. on that device, node-red-contrib-key-value-store works fine
  3. you have another device - the IoT2040 - you want to access the data...correct?

Since the data is stored onthe device running NR, how do you plan on having the IoT2040 access it?

0 Likes

1. I have installed Node Red on PC (localhost) and on the IoT 2040.
  2. On both the node-red-contrib-key-value-store were installed and only on localhost it works.
  3. I got the data from a S7 and want to write the active marker to my key-value-store
    I can write the active marker to a .csv file but the key-value don´t work on the IoT

Thx for all the quick answers

0 Likes

So what version of nodejs have you installed on your IoT2040?

0 Likes

I updated the nodejs version and now everything works fine. Thanks for the hint :wink:

1 Like