So IFTTT is putting up a pay wall tomorrow. They'd been sending me emails for awhile, but only now did I comprehend that I'm going to lose 80 of my 83 applets. I haven't created much new in IFTTT since I started using Node Red, however I just reviewed what I have and I realized that there are a number of things I don't know how to do in node red that I have set up in IFTTT. Some are different types of triggering services. Some are on the fly config features provided by 3rd party apps that integrate IFTTT. IFTTT serves as a bridge between the iPhone(/iPhone apps) and Node red to allows a bunch of different types of triggers & config that I wouldn't otherwise know how to do. Perhaps you guys can help me figure these out... Each one could probably be an entirely separate thread, so for this thread, I simply want to know whether or not these things are possible (not how to do them in detail). If something is possible, and the explanation is involved, I'll start a separate thread.
IFTTT features (or app features that integrate IFTTT) that are not(?) possible in node red - please tell me I'm wrong where applicable...
- Management of "groups of people" who install a 3rd party app (e.g. Life360's "Circles") from anywhere. Let me explain what I mean by example - Life360 can trigger IFTTT applets when the last group member leaves or the first group member arrives - which I can implement in Node Red, but to do that, not only do I have to enter each person manually in Node Red code and install an app on everyone's phone to make webhook calls to webhookrelay via geofence events, I must also configure their geofence app (e.g. Geofency) to add the location trigger and paste in the webhook URL with json data. In Life360, all I have to do is add or remove family members in the Life360 app (via invite) from anywhere and I don't have to mess with the settings in their phones to set locations and triggers. I just add them to my Life360 circle on my phone and all the places and triggers I configure for a place work - and now include that new circle member when determining "first/last" to "arrive/leave". I'm unaware of any app where I can send someone a webhook and attach it to a "place" to include someone whose location controls my stuff. For example, I use these first/last to arrive/leave to control HVAC and my security system.
- Trigger by iOS Reminder Completion event - IFTTT has an iOS Reminders service that can trigger when a reminder is completed. I suppose I could write an AppleScript to run via cron job to look for completion status changes, but that's not really the same thing.
- Trigger by receipt of a gmail account email that matches a search
- Trigger by real time weather condition changes to rain in a specific location
- Trigger by real time when pollen count rises above a threshold
- iOS Push notifications when an applet/flow does something
- Trigger by google calendar event creation whose content matches a term
- Place phone call and speak text (I have this set once a month to keep my google voice account active)
- Disable/enable a flow/applet from anywhere - (is there a way to set any settings (let alone the status of the "enabled" button) of a flow via a node?)
- Create a button on my iPhone (home screen) to trigger a flow (like an IFTTT "Do" Button). I could create a Home app button, but that only works when I'm on my own WiFi. The alternative would be to create a Siri Shortcut that makes the webhook call to webhook relay and add that to the home screen, but it's definitely not as easy. What would be comparable is a node red or webhookrelay "app" that you could create buttons from and change the json parameters.
I have a bunch more legacy IFTTT applets I have to implement in node red, but I know how to implement them.