Greetings all. I've read a few threads on logging to CSV and sort of have the gist.
What I'm trying to determine is the appropriate methodology to meet my goal.
- Cogeneration plant with many possible sensors and parameters (over 500)
- Multiple MODBUS RTU devices
- All feed into a single protocol converter sending MQTT
- 5 data sets at differing send intervals of .2sec, 1 sec, 5 sec, 30 sec, etc
- MQTT sends to a single broker
- MQTT broker
- Node Red w/ UI
- Log all incoming data into a single CSV with timestamps sent from source protocol converter
- populate fields in CSV with previous value if no updated value comes across
- as log files will likely become large, split logs in fixed time intervals
Currently I have a flow to use a dashboard and provide remote monitoring, but we are having sporadic trips of the plant offline and I'm looking to graph data from CSV with better tools than built in to the plant control system.
Any thoughts, concerns, or advice appreciated.