Mitsubishi MC Protocol Read Node Not connected or timeout

Tbh, if I were integrating this product with a PLC I would connect it to the PLC directly. Then I would store results in a BUFFER (A FIFO table) inside the plc and simply poll the FIFO and collect the data at a slower rate. If the node-red ~ PLC connection is lost, the PLC still runs & data is still collected. Once node-red reconnects, the buffered data can be collected. This has multiple benefits....

1. No loss of data (limited by PLC memory)
  2. More accurate data timing
  3. Node-red becomes passive (no downtime due to failure of a PC)

The manual states that it supports ...

• Ethernet 10/100 Mbit/s: TCP/IP, UDP, FTP and Fieldbus PROFINET IO, Ethernet IP, Modbus TCP
  • Serial RS-232/RS422FD up to 115.2 Kbit/s + Serial Aux RS-232

Using one of these field level communications means the device still operates when node-red is down.

I know the Scanner does do OPC UA as well. Just not sure how to setup communication to Read, Trigger and then send to the MS Sql instance.

We will investigate this.

The OPC UA option would add another point of failure. I had nothing but trouble with Mitsi & OPC.

I think we will revisit the field level communications. We went away from this since we were worried about memory in the PLC but if we are fairly quickly poll the PLC to store the data long term we should be fine. Not to mention in the PLC is not running there will be no need to capture data

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.