Modbus/TCP integration of a new Wallbox

Hi,

I successfully implemented my first Modbus/TCP Wallbox (charger for e-car) using Modbus Nodes a year ago. Now I purchased a new (simpler) one and am struggling to address it with Modbus Nodes.

I can address the new Wallbox using the TCP-In and TCP-out Nodes
Example to query the firmware version in a function node being sent to a TCP-out node:

var abfrage = ":010300010002F9\r\n"
msg.payload  =  abfrage;
return msg;

Whereas the string, based on the interface description, means the following:
01: The unit adress
03: FC Read
0001: Starting address
0002: Number of registers
F9: LRC (Longitudinal Redundancy Check)
\r\n" CTRL LF

Then I get back the information in string form formated like this: >0103020327D0 CRLF

Based on my previous experience, I am of the opinion that this should be feasible with Modbus Nodes as well - correct? But I simply do not get any answer:

[{"id":"95a66853.e78af8","type":"modbus-read","z":"be56968c.685568","name":"Read Test","topic":"ABL Read Test","showStatusActivities":true,"logIOActivities":false,"showErrors":true,"showWarnings":true,"unitid":"1","dataType":"HoldingRegister","adr":"3","quantity":"1","rate":"1","rateUnit":"h","delayOnStart":false,"startDelayTime":"","server":"2ded7cf1.e8a884","useIOFile":false,"ioFile":"","useIOForPayload":false,"emptyMsgOnFail":true,"x":440,"y":100,"wires":[["a4ecb27f.c4415"],[]]},{"id":"2ded7cf1.e8a884","type":"modbus-client","name":"ABL","clienttype":"tcp","bufferCommands":true,"stateLogEnabled":true,"queueLogEnabled":true,"failureLogEnabled":true,"tcpHost":"192.168.1.38","tcpPort":"502","tcpType":"DEFAULT","serialPort":"/dev/ttyUSB","serialType":"RTU-BUFFERD","serialBaudrate":"9600","serialDatabits":"8","serialStopbits":"1","serialParity":"none","serialConnectionDelay":"100","serialAsciiResponseStartDelimiter":"","unit_id":"","commandDelay":1,"clientTimeout":"","reconnectOnTimeout":false,"reconnectTimeout":"","parallelUnitIdsAllowed":true}]

Do the Modbus Nodes calculate the LRC as well?

What am I missing?

Thanks a lot for your thoughts.

With best regards

Heinz

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.