"Module already loaded", but not showing in palette (node-red-contrib-dht-sensor)

I am trying to install node-red-contrib-dht-sensor (node) - Node-RED, but it says "Module already loaded" even though I cannot see that node in the palette. Moreover it doesn't show up in the installed section. It still shows up in the installation section and I can again and again click "install"

The protocol doesn't show anything useful:

2022-09-18T17:13:18.927Z Installieren : node-red-contrib-dht-sensor 1.0.4

2022-09-18T17:13:38.602Z Installieren : node-red-contrib-dht-sensor 1.0.4

2022-09-18T17:16:42.394Z Installieren : node-red-contrib-dht-sensor 1.0.4

There was a similar thread but that doesn't help me much: Custom node installed but not showing in palette or list of installed modules - #8 by knolleary

I cannot find any file with "dht" in folder /usr/src/node-red or below

Normally you should be looking in .node-red/node_modules, assuming your flows are in .node-red

Well as I am using portainer and docker (doubt whether that was a good idea) I usually need to search longer. I found the installations of the modules in the node-red container under /data/node_modules/node-red-contrib-dht-sensor. The files and structure do look the same as in github. But still node-red does not recognize it as "installed"

Solved it.

I mounted the node-red container manually as root with docker exec -u 0 -it xxxxxxxxxx /bin/bash and installed them manually as written in node-red-contrib-dht-sensor (node) - Node-RED

Not sure why it didn't work via the GUI.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.