MQTT Explorer v0.2.0 - MQTT swiss-army-knife

I'm not experiencing any problems, just doing some housekeeping, and if there are some retained messages bouncing about ad infinitum, it would probably be better to delete them.
But not a big issue for me.

It's MQTT Explorer's fault!!! - ignorance is bliss :thinking:

If they are not being published and not being subscribed to then they are just sitting there doing nothing.

Thanks for this @thomasnordquist - handy!

Hi Thomas,

I'm using Ubuntu 16.04, 64-bit laptop. I have been using your app for a couple of months. It's been working just fine untill today. Since this morning I can't launch the app any more. When I clicked on the MQTT Explorer icon, it ran for few seconds then stopped for unknown reason. No Connect screen appeared as usual. Yesterday morning, it worked just well. I uninstalled and then re-installed the newest version 0.3 . Phenomena is still. Nothing happens when I click on the app. Please advise. Thank you a lot!

Can you please launch mqtt-explorer from the shell/terminal and post the result. Did you use the snap or AppImage?

I installed a Ubuntu 16.04 machine and the application did not launch, a ubuntu update fixed the issue. sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade

I have tried your guide above and still failed, nothing happened and no any response from mqtt-explorer command. Here is all I tried.

Fantastic tool, thank you!!! Very useful
Best regards, Walter

That is indeed weird, there should be at least an error.
There are two things that can be done to get more info:

1. Use snappy-debug to get info if libraries are missing
    (run snappy debug and then mqtt-explorer)
sudo snap install snappy-debug --devmode
snappy-debug.security scanlog
  1. Allow electron to dump its stacktraces
export ELECTRON_ENABLE_STACK_DUMPING=true
mqtt-explorer

I believe the AppImage build should also work.

Always glad to hear it :blush:

Followed your guide, I opened 2 terminal windows, one for debugging log, one for launching mqtt-explorer then got these log upon fail of mqtt-explorer. Please take a view and advise me, Thomas. Thanks a lot.

This needs to happen in the same shell with the same user, no root required.

export ELECTRON_ENABLE_STACK_DUMPING=true
mqtt-explorer

I think it would probably be best if we discuss it here:

Thanks for your help so far, I really appreciate it :blush:

I may have found the problem (with app-armor), need to do some research.

The application tries to access /media/SSD-XP/MyDocuments/ but is not allowed. I have no idea why.
Is it possible that you got some symlinks/mount from your home directory to the MyDocuments directory?

Nice thing! AppImage version works just fine. Of course I don't know why :smiley: Just one thing I lost all saved brokers before, but this is not a big problem. :blush:

For /media/SSD-XP/MyDocuments I have no idea too. I even don't know where your app's data stored :smiley: As I described above, the app has been working fine for long time before suddenly broken down yesterday. I suppose that my laptop recently goes freeze for low memory issue and I had to force power it down sometime.

So good that now I can run the app by click on AppImage. I will try to reinstall your app later. Many thanks for your kindly and promptly support. :+1: