Mqtt from ESP to Node-red

I also note that you are reading a number of temperature sensors - in the case of the DS18B20 they have a minimal time to send out a reading request - per sensor and then wait for the response - if you have multiple of these (or other similar sensors) this will throw out your timing loops and indeed may not complete before you go back to deepsleep

Craig

1 Like

Then take the advice and migrate to ESPHome

Can you show the exact your code on the ESP?

With the snippets cant see if you maybe leaving something obviously out.

Edit. Have you checked your network for stability?

I publish 10 MQTT topics from an ESP8266 to a Raspberry Pi running Mosquitto and then into Node-Red every 2 minutes and then put the ESP into deep sleep mode.

I noticed early on that I was randomly losing some of the last few messages and thought it might have been the load on the Rpi. But, I put a 50ms delay after the last client.publish right before entering the deep sleep mode and haven't had a problem since.

I only put the delay prior to the deep sleep, not after each client.publish. In fact I grab the millis() timer and transmit that as the last topic so I can see how long the entire cycle takes.

1 Like

Tnx for all your replies.

I have already deployed my 2 devices(weather station and garden water system) outside in another country and accepted the fact that weather station wont be perfect(getting data every 5min but with few skiping per hour).

@zenofmud setup code runs ok after deepsleep

@krambriw ESPHome? Dont know what it is but i just migrated from Blynk app because they want to charge from next year on or something. Anyway in past few weeks i have migrated to raspberry pi 4 using mosquitto, node-red, influxdb 2, grafana, pivpn. First time using all this stuff. I wont make a mistake again having my data in some cloud or "free" app.

@GlennK Yes, i have added delay before deepsleep from 50milis, 100, 500, 1000 to even 1min.

@craigcurtin But i do get all sensor data. I can see values in my esp serial monitor. I also see confirmation from mqtt library that it was successfuly "sent".

Anyway, once again thx for your help. But sometimes u just need to let it go and deploy/finish the project.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.