MSSQL Plus - New Feature Request - Allow creds on msg

Hi ,

Is it possible to upgrade this node - such that if user/password/server/database/port - is defined on the msg (special attributes - msg.sqlsuser and so on ... ) - then the node - will take it from there - else continue like today ?

Background - in order to host the flow on 1 Node Red Server and make the flow interact with multiple databases dynamically - currently its not possible.

Not just not possible it means - if we need the same infrastructure to work across databases - it means with every new database - we need to change the flows to add a node for a new DB every time.

What ends up happening is - the flows are currently working for database a , b , c and when new database d comes in - we need to ask backend team to configure it to the flows making a strong dependency on technical team to be involved.

(I hope i managed to convey).

With this FR , front end user - the user can key in the database details (using Dashboard front end or any other front end) - and the same flow works for him for this new DB.

Hope i managed to explain the situation.

That is not a core node, you will need to raise an issue with the author via GitHub.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.