NBrowser / Node Red Out

Hi,

Since I have installed the node-red-contrib-nbrowser node Node Red doesn't start. I have this message :

node-red-docker@2.1.4 start
node $NODE_OPTIONS node_modules/node-red/red.js $FLOWS "--userDir" "/data"
/usr/src/node-red/node_modules/fs-extra/lib/util/stat.js:30
throw err
^
Error: EACCES: permission denied, lstat '/data/settings.js'
at Object.lstatSync (fs.js:1119:3)
at Object.lstatSync (/usr/src/node-red/node_modules/graceful-fs/polyfills.js:311:34)
at statFunc (/usr/src/node-red/node_modules/fs-extra/lib/util/stat.js:24:20)
at getStatsSync (/usr/src/node-red/node_modules/fs-extra/lib/util/stat.js:27:16)
at Object.checkPathsSync (/usr/src/node-red/node_modules/fs-extra/lib/util/stat.js:67:33)
at Object.copySync (/usr/src/node-red/node_modules/fs-extra/lib/copy-sync/copy-sync.js:24:38)
at Object. (/usr/src/node-red/node_modules/node-red/red.js:125:20)
at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1085:14)
at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1114:10)
at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:950:32) {
errno: -13,
syscall: 'lstat',
code: 'EACCES',
path: '/data/settings.js'
}

If someone could help me because if node red doesn't start i can't uninstall this node :frowning:

Start node-red in safe mode, uninstall node, deploy.

Alternatively, using a terminal, enter npm remove node-red-contrib-nbrowser in the .node-red folder (which you can find by looking at the first few entries in the node-red log when it starts)

Thank you so much. It worked. Nevertheless, I still have the Nbrowser node in the advanced tab in the UI of Node Red with the others nodes (in the palette to). I don't understand why. Do you think it is possible to remove it ?

did you refresh the browser after uninstalling it?

Yep.
I found a way to remove the node from the tab in UI of Node Red but it still appears in the pallette and when I want to suppress it I get this message : Failed to remove: node-red-contrib-nbrowser
Module not found. Do you know which file I have to modify to remove this option in the palette ?

Finally i have installed again the node (with npm) and now I can manage it in the palette. Thx.

I also have identified the reason of the crash with this node : it appears when i want to save the payload into a file. yet, the folder exist so it's very strange...

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.