New here, some questions

I recently installed node-red, looks awesome, only I can not run Joplin Token to save my message like notes, this node always disconnects the entire node-red, any suggestion?.

... also I want to know how I could use node-red with AutoCAD, Revit, Blender, FreeCAD, and others design tools.

I am a bit of a regular, but I am finding it difficult to understand the question/s.

What is Joplin Token?

to same my message like notes

same or save?

this node always disconnects the entire node-red....

What does that mean?

How are you wanting to control AutoCAD and any of the other programs you mentioned?
To what end?

I am trying to save my message like notes at Joplin.

but always that I connect joplin with node-red appears this:

C:\Users\JuanJ>node-red
9 Apr 21:03:48 - [info]

Welcome to Node-RED
===================

9 Apr 21:03:48 - [info] Node-RED version: v3.0.2
9 Apr 21:03:48 - [info] Node.js  version: v18.15.0
9 Apr 21:03:48 - [info] Windows_NT 10.0.22621 x64 LE
9 Apr 21:03:49 - [info] Loading palette nodes
9 Apr 21:03:52 - [info] Settings file  : C:\Users\JuanJ\.node-red\settings.js
9 Apr 21:03:52 - [info] Context store  : 'default' [module=memory]
9 Apr 21:03:52 - [info] User directory : \Users\JuanJ\.node-red
9 Apr 21:03:52 - [warn] Projects disabled : editorTheme.projects.enabled=false
9 Apr 21:03:52 - [info] Flows file     : \Users\JuanJ\.node-red\flows.json
9 Apr 21:03:52 - [warn]

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Your flow credentials file is encrypted using a system-generated key.

If the system-generated key is lost for any reason, your credentials
file will not be recoverable, you will have to delete it and re-enter
your credentials.

You should set your own key using the 'credentialSecret' option in
your settings file. Node-RED will then re-encrypt your credentials
file using your chosen key the next time you deploy a change.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

9 Apr 21:03:52 - [info] Server now running at http://127.0.0.1:1880/
9 Apr 21:03:52 - [info] Starting flows
9 Apr 21:03:52 - [info] Started flows
9 Apr 21:04:39 - [red] Uncaught Exception:
9 Apr 21:04:39 - [error] TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'hostname')
    at listNotebooks (C:\Users\JuanJ\.node-red\node_modules\node-red-contrib-joplin\joplin.js:288:59)
    at C:\Users\JuanJ\.node-red\node_modules\node-red-contrib-joplin\joplin.js:299:32
    at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (C:\Users\JuanJ\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\express\lib\router\layer.js:95:5)
    at next (C:\Users\JuanJ\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\express\lib\router\route.js:144:13)
    at Route.dispatch (C:\Users\JuanJ\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\express\lib\router\route.js:114:3)
    at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (C:\Users\JuanJ\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\express\lib\router\layer.js:95:5)
    at C:\Users\JuanJ\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\express\lib\router\index.js:284:15
    at param (C:\Users\JuanJ\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\express\lib\router\index.js:365:14)
    at param (C:\Users\JuanJ\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\express\lib\router\index.js:376:14)
    at param (C:\Users\JuanJ\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\express\lib\router\index.js:376:14)
    at Function.process_params (C:\Users\JuanJ\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\express\lib\router\index.js:421:3)
    at next (C:\Users\JuanJ\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\express\lib\router\index.js:280:10)
    at expressInit (C:\Users\JuanJ\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\express\lib\middleware\init.js:40:5)
    at trim_prefix (C:\Users\JuanJ\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\express\lib\router\index.js:328:13)
    at C:\Users\JuanJ\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\express\lib\router\index.js:286:9
    at Function.process_params (C:\Users\JuanJ\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\express\lib\router\index.js:346:12)
    at next (C:\Users\JuanJ\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\express\lib\router\index.js:280:10)
    at query (C:\Users\JuanJ\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\express\lib\middleware\query.js:45:5)
    at trim_prefix (C:\Users\JuanJ\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\express\lib\router\index.js:328:13)
    at C:\Users\JuanJ\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\node-red\node_modules\express\lib\router\index.js:286:9

C:\Users\JuanJ>node-red

,,, in the image, note-red was terminated and is need to restart again.

About the design software like AutoCAD normally use Dynamo to create workflows, but with node-red could be possible to integrate with open source software. Home-Assistant is very relevant in electric design.

Edit: the node used is node-red-contrib-joplin, to connect with node-red need a token given at Joplin app.

I get it you are new here, but it would help a lot of people who may help you if you didn't post screen shots.

Rather post the output at text.
Then it is easier to read.

At the top of the edit window where you are writing your replies, there are buttons.

One of them looks like </>.
This is the button to post code.
Press it and enter the text

type or paste code here

See above as example.

Can't help you with the other stuff. I'm short and all that is WAY above my head.

Could share any documentation to try start to fix this for my self?

Sorry, but as I said: All those programs are beyond me.

It is not good timing and the smart people aren't here just now.

I can't post documentation for programs I don't use/know or understand.

Hi
Your title could be more descriptive, for future readers to find help to.

As to your issue The joplin node is a contrib node so you would have to ask the developer for documentation.

Looking on github , they have not presented any, and no one has responded to issues in over 2 years. I think you may be out of luck there.

Your only other option would be to use the http request node and use the joplin data api

1 Like

Thanks for answers, I tried the Joplin API and work correctly.

An help could be if some one test the Joplin node.

Maybe the my error is use the beta version, then reinstall the stable Joplin version.

I just need the confirmation.

@jtm4890 trying to understand what you are asking...

Are you trying to create workflow diagrams that can be used in these CAD and Video programs?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.