Newbie here, Tibber question

As I said earlier on, so nice people hanging around here!! :heart:

1 Like

Haha, that is freakin awesome @ristomatti. Works like a CHARM!!

I will probably be able to take it a couple of steps further and include these values into a simple gauge, and also fetch today's and tomorrows prices per hour and present that in a graph.

You guys are awesome, thanks @ristomatti, @Trying_to_learn and @dceejay.
But I cannot promise you that my stupid questions will end here though, just found Node-red and I am loving it, so I will probably end up trying to do too much and not keeping it simple. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

PS - well worth reading this post https://nodered.org/docs/user-guide/messages re how to get into those messages
(and also this - as you will need it at some point :slight_smile: - How to share code or flow json )

1 Like

Great! To completely answer your original question, the future price information is still missing. I figured if you replace current within the query either with today or tomorrow, you'll get upcoming prices (although I only got data for today with the API explorer example token) .

{
  viewer {
    homes {
      currentSubscription{
        priceInfo{
          today{
            total
            energy
            tax
            startsAt
          }
        }
      }
    }
  }
}

With that you'll get an array of price information:

(only just now noticed I was able to load an example API key from the API explorer they provided, pretty nice!)

If you have further questions, like how to reformat the data for the dashboard, please start a new topic and provide the debug output from then query node as the starting point. Someone else will likely be able to help with that, I'm not familiar with dashboard yet myself. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I'm just too lazy to progress my own projects. It's easier to try to solve someone else's problems! :grin:

But I can chime with your comment, this is the most supporting community forum I've ever been on. You're in a good place if you have further "stupid questions". :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Out of curiosity I played around Tibber's API explorer a bit more. As it's a GraphQL API, you can actually request all this info at once:

{
  viewer {
    homes {
      currentSubscription {
        priceInfo {
          current {
            total
            energy
            tax
            startsAt
            level
          }
          today {
            total
            energy
            tax
            startsAt
            level
          }
          tomorrow {
            total
            energy
            tax
            startsAt
            level
          }
         }
      }
    }
  }
}

This might become handy when creating the charts, depending on what you're after.

Wow, that is indeed very handy. Nice way of implementing this!
By the way, I was out of my amount of posts yesterday, so I wasn't able to say thank you to all of you. I really appreciate your efforts, hopefully I can get up att speed and contribute as you guys do!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.