🎉 Node-RED 1.3.4 released

Node-RED 1.3.4 is now available.

Update: if you are using a custom theme, you may get an error in the log when you try to access the editor: UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: TypeError: Cannot read property '_' of undefined . See 🎉 Node-RED 1.3.4 released - #4 by knolleary for the workaround.

You may have also spotted that Node.js 16 has been released. As it stands, we haven't tested against that version due to one of our devDependencies not yet supporting it. That shouldn't stop Node-RED itself working fine on 16 - but keep in mind that we recommend either 12 or 14.

Node.js removes all support for Node 10 tomorrow. Node-RED 1.x will still run on node 10 (and the even more ancient 8) but Node-RED 2.x will be dropping support for anything before Node 12.

8 Likes

Unfortunately, I got this error when trying it.

Welcome to Node-RED
===================

29 Apr 09:23:23 - [info] Node-RED version: v1.3.4
29 Apr 09:23:23 - [info] Node.js  version: v12.22.1
29 Apr 09:23:23 - [info] Linux 4.19.0-16-amd64 x64 LE
29 Apr 09:23:23 - [info] Loading palette nodes
29 Apr 09:23:24 - [info] Settings file  : /data/settings.js
29 Apr 09:23:24 - [info] Context store  : 'default' [module=memory]
29 Apr 09:23:24 - [info] User directory : /data
29 Apr 09:23:24 - [warn] Projects disabled : editorTheme.projects.enabled=false
29 Apr 09:23:24 - [info] Flows file     : /data/flows.json
29 Apr 09:23:24 - [info] Server now running at http://127.0.0.1:1880/
29 Apr 09:23:24 - [info] Starting flows
29 Apr 09:23:24 - [info] Started flows
(node:18) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: TypeError: Cannot read property '_' of undefined
    at Object.context (/usr/src/node-red/node_modules/@node-red/editor-api/lib/editor/theme.js:234:32)
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:97:5)
    at async editor (/usr/src/node-red/node_modules/@node-red/editor-api/lib/editor/ui.js:94:49)
(node:18) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejections=strict` (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 1)
(node:18) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.
(node:18) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: TypeError: Cannot read property '_' of undefined
    at Object.context (/usr/src/node-red/node_modules/@node-red/editor-api/lib/editor/theme.js:234:32)
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:97:5)
    at async editor (/usr/src/node-red/node_modules/@node-red/editor-api/lib/editor/ui.js:94:49)
(node:18) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejections=strict` (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 2)

Thanks @mbonani - this will be related to the theme fix I did for you.

I tested lots of combinations of editorTheme... must have missed one somehow :frowning:

@mbonani workaround until I get 1.3.5 published: in your settings file, under editorTheme, add a page property, even if its an empty object.

editorTheme: {
   theme: "name-of-theme",
   page: {}
}
2 Likes

It's working fine now.

Thanks @knolleary

Just a quick one - Function node editor in the previous version was having a hissy fit displaying stuff after "℃". It would confuse itself as where the pointer and next character should be placed.
I wonder if this had been reported before.

(EDIT: could not change the reply to)

I can't replicate that. Can you post a bit of code it doesn't like please?

image.png
The "." is placed just after the ℃ but the editor freaks out, and moves it past the }

msg.payload = {"load" : "Load : <input type=\"number\" ng-model=\"load\">", "temp": "Temperature: " + msg.payload.temperature +"℃"}.;

[Admin edit, I have added backticks round the code so that the forum does not mess with it]

Yes you are right, it gets horribly confused.

1 Like

Strange - what browser is this with? I cannot reproduce it in chrome.

DNwubyqkzc

Given the editor component is an upstream component it isn't something we can 'fix' directly. Aside from not being able to reproduce, it is a curious issue. We have lots of users in Japan who will be regularly using characters outside of the common ASCII set and have not had any mention of issues like this.

Happening to me on v1.3.2 as well. I'm using W10 with Edge Version 90.0.818.46 (Official build) (64-bit). Though it has just offered me an update so I'll try that.

Still doing it. Looks like a font issue to me.

This is what happens - latest Chrome, happens on 2 different computers

1 Like

Looks like it.

Since it is clearly ok in ACE for Nick and it is also ok in Monaco (which uses a different font)

Sg6734EzvT

Nick, are you able to delete the dot before the semi colon?

The problem seems to happen only on Windows. I just tested it on Chrome and Edge, and I couldn't delete that dot.

On a Mac, it worked correctly (tested on Chrome and Safari).

And on Ubuntu with Waterfox and Chrome.

1 Like

The problem seems to not happen only on Macs.

1 Like

Yes, different fonts on Mac.

On my W10 laptop with Edge Chromium, the font is rendered using Consolas. On my Macbook Pro (also with Edge Chromium), it is rendered as Menlo.

I'm currently running 1.3.1 on a Windows 10 PC. I have previously updated using;
'npm install -g --unsafe-perm node-red' in a CMD box with elevated privileges.
I have tried to update to 1.3.4 but seem unable to. I get the following;

C:\WINDOWS\system32>npm install -g --unsafe-perm node-red
npm WARN deprecated har-validator@5.1.5: this library is no longer supported
npm WARN deprecated request@2.88.0: request has been deprecated, see Request’s Past, Present and Future · Issue #3142 · request/request · GitHub
npm WARN deprecated bcrypt@3.0.6: versions < v5.0.0 do not handle NUL in passwords properly
npm WARN deprecated bcrypt@3.0.8: versions < v5.0.0 do not handle NUL in passwords properly
npm WARN deprecated node-pre-gyp@0.14.0: Please upgrade to @mapbox/node-pre-gyp: the non-scoped node-pre-gyp package is deprecated and only the @mapbox scoped package will recieve updates in the future
npm WARN deprecated node-pre-gyp@0.12.0: Please upgrade to @mapbox/node-pre-gyp: the non-scoped node-pre-gyp package is deprecated and only the @mapbox scoped package will recieve updates in the future

changed 340 packages, and audited 341 packages in 2m

7 packages are looking for funding

• run npm fund for details*

4 moderate severity vulnerabilities

To address all issues, run:

• npm audit fix*

Run npm audit for details.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

The system has not updated.

Any assistance gratefully received. :slight_smile:

Hi @IanI

That output shows a successful install of 1.3.4.

How do you Node-RED and what output do you get when you do?