🎉 Node-RED 2.0.0-beta.2 released

No was like that on v1.3.5

The help sidebar lists the message properties you can set to specify those properties. I can't remember the exact value off the top of my head.

I had looked there but misinterpreted the text, I thought it was talking about what the fields in the setup dialog were for, but I see now it is talking about properties of the incoming payload. Sorry for the noise.

I was initially led astray by this post which shows it being selectable. Obviously the spec changed before release.

Hi @knolleary ,

I would love to use 2.0.0 how do i upgrade on my linux pc i use pm2 to run node-red as a daemon.
I just do not want to lose my flows etc so thought i would check first the best way to do this?

thanks

As per the instructions in the first post. To be safe backup your flows files from you ~/.node-red directory

Thanks @dceejay works like a dream! all back up and running again.

Before I post on the GitHub repo, has anybody got this to work with W10? My Debian version works well, but windows refuses to get 'dark'.

Have you remembered to edit settings.js (the one in your .node-red folder) and restart node red? Also clearing the browser cache.

Colin,

Absolutely, would not dare to post if i did not :slight_smile:
Just strange that it works rather happy on 2 of my linux machines, but not on my W10 machine. Did try several browser before posting. Might just contact the developer. My initial question was if any of the Beta testers had success with NR V2.0b and the Midnight-Red. Sadly work forces me to use W10 :frowning:

We don't know that unless you tell us though.

Try adding a syntax error to settings.js, for example, comment out one of the braces, and check that node-red will not start when you try. Also after you try to restart it and it won't, check that the browser will not refresh.

Understood, and have done that before my first post. Again, I have 2 Debian machines running with the same settings. I did start with of the W10 machine, and just accepted it might not work, or that I made a mistake. The Debian machines have the identical settings.js. I am using the same browsers and all is cleaned (cache wise) Hence I asked if somebody had it working with W10. I will bring this forward with the developer, as there might not be many Beta testers that use windows and tested this feature. And as side comment, V2 rocks and thank you all to the developers and the testers, V2 is a massive step forward with linting and debugging, as well as the new editor. Love it

I shall be interested to hear what the problem is, it isn't the sort of thing that I would expect to be different between OSs.

One more thing to check, if you haven't already. Go into your .node-red folder and see what
npm list @node-red-contrib-themes/midnight-red
shows.

Both my W10 and my Debian machine return
`-- @node-red-contrib-themes/midnight-red@2.0.0-beta.3

Will mention it to the developer.

Update:

Just resolved it, upgraded Node.js to V14.17.3
Above might assist others

What version were you on previously? If it doesn't work with the min version recommended for node-red then that probably needs to be addressed.

1 Like

Colin,

Apology, should have mentioned that.
The version that did not work for me was * Node.js version: Node.js version: v12.22.1
V14 of node.js works well, but I did have an issue upgrading the NPM version to the latest. Did this break a few installs for me on W10 (Debian works well on the latest). At this stage I just rolled back to make all work, have to keep the $$ rolling in as the company does demand that.

Well the theme works ok for me with nodejs 12.22.2, so I think that was not the cause of the problem. More likely something else that has changed while you did all that.

The BETA versions of the other themes are also out.

• dark ​- npm install @node-red-contrib-themes/dark@next
  • midnight-red ​- npm install @node-red-contrib-themes/midnight-red@next
  • oled ​- npm install @node-red-contrib-themes/oled@next
  • solarized-dark ​- npm install @node-red-contrib-themes/solarized-dark@next
  • solarized-light ​- npm install @node-red-contrib-themes/solarized-light@next

If you find any issues, please report them on the theme's GitHub repository. Links above.

1 Like

I'll note that my solarized-dark-grey theme is yet to be updated as I have not upgraded NR myself (hopefully will have time this week). @mbonani kindly offered to update it also but I don't want to drop out from how the theming system works so I'll need to do that myself. :slightly_smiling_face:

In case there still are users of the theme (especially wishing to upgrade to NR 2.0), please do report a feature request on the repo. It might greatly speed me up. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.