🎉 Node-RED 2.0.6 & 1.3.7 Released

We have just published new maintenance releases for 1.x and 2.x streams of Node-RED.

The 2.x docker images should be available any moment now, the 1.x images will get updated later today.

10 Likes

Nick what is the difference between the 1.x and 2.x stream ? (ie why would one choose one over the other?)

The latest version of Node-RED is 2.x. That is the stream with active ongoing development with new features arriving in 2.1 in October.

1.x is now in maintenance mode - it will not be getting any new features, but will receive bug fixes and security updates as best we can.

Our release plan is described here: Release Plan : Node-RED

1 Like

also 1.x runs on Nodejs 8 and 10 which are both no longer supported. But some older platforms may not be upgradable to nodejs 12 or better - so some users may have to stick with 1.x.

1 Like

Makes sense, thanks.

After upgrading to 2.0.6 my dashboard no longer loads and i cannot really determine why not. Tried to disable tabs to narrow it down, but i don't see any change.

I get 2 javascript errors, don't think they are related;
http://10.0.0.6:1880/ui/js/angular-chart.min.js.map and
http://10.0.0.6:1880/ui/loading.html cannot be found.

Is there a way to debug the issue ?

Have you tried clearing the browser cache, via the browsers menus?

If that doesn't help then exactly what do you see when it won't load?

I just upgraded to 2.0.6 and haven't seen any issues yet.

The only thing i see is a gray screen.

Socket io is polling in the background, the page itself "seems" to work.

You didn't say whether clearing the cache via the browser menus helped.

Didnt help. Different browser neither.

Temporarily rename the flows file and restart node red. That will give you an empty flow. Add one UI node and see if that works.

Interesting, that doesn't work either, same blank gray page.

note to self: don't do this if you don't want to lose your global/flow variables

In that case it isn't the flows. Try a rename of the .node-red folder (by the way, I presume you have made sure your backups of everything are up to date before starting this). Restart node red and it should make a new one with no nodes installed. Add the dashboard and a UI node. If that works then maybe it is one of the installed nodes.

I didn't ask before, but I assume there aren't any rude messages in the node red startup log.

Luckily I had backups, but restoring context is kind of weird with the folders, anyway, that is all back up and running, except for the dashboard.

SourceMap and loading.html errors are normal.

I thought so. Still have no idea why dashboard doesn't work anymore.
I will migrate to alternatives, either uibuilder or http-in/out, those interfaces still function properly after the upgrade (i have various endpoints)

Strange but it must be something local as it is working for other people.

Do you have another dashboard-like node installed? (Not uibuilder, that has no side effects with Dashboard at all).

What happens if you rename the .node-red folder and restart node-red? Then you will start with only the core nodes. Add the dashboard and a ui node and see if that works.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.