🎉 Node-RED 3.0 Released

@shan is this a reported issue?

I can back my claims with some reproducible Repository MQTT configuration does not get picked up within the Subflow · Issue #1 · shantanoo-desai/node-red-subflows-mqtt · GitHub

The repository does have all the necessary nodes programmed according to the documentation. The only solution I was able to find was to ship the subflows as flows.json which is more of a major hack.

My question was whether you had reported this issue on GitHub so we knew there was something that needed addressing. Looking through the list I don't see anything about this Issues · node-red/node-red · GitHub

No I haven't reported it. I have been trying to figure out the solution by myself. if you want I can create an issue for the same.

If you want someone to take a closer look at the problem at some point, an issue request is necessary. The likelihood that an issue will be fixed increases as more people have an issue and report it.
How well a problem is described and how well it can be reproduced also has an impact.

If an issue is not reported, the probability that it might be accidentally fixed tends to 0.

Typically, there are more reported issues and requests than there are resources available to address them.

Hi,

after updating to 3.0.0 i am unable to open editor in Google Chrome, it works fine in MS Edge.
I did clear browser cache and there is no change. i understand this must be my laptop+google chrome issue and not NR related, since it is working fine in MS Edge, can some one help me,

Before updating , i used to work in Google Chrome without any issue.

I found another issue, if i try to open a remote node-red instance by giving its IP address, i see the flows, but with broken display ! some nodes not visible, some wires not connected the flow is working fine in the remote PC. (node red 3.0 there also)

I've just tried opening NR 3.0 using Google Chrome Version 103.0.5060.114 (Official Build) (64-bit) running on a PC and it opens and works fine. I normally use Firefox which also works fine with NR 3.0

1 Like

Good work team. I have this in production on Rpi4B.

I'm running Bullseye 64bit on an Rpi4B w/ 4GB of ram. Finding it all very snappy! :slight_smile:

I am running Node-RED 3.0 with Node.js v16.16 on the above setup and can report that all of my i2c capable nodes work. The one thing I did do was to perform the NPM rebuild/reboot... Absolutely no issues and I have ALLOT of i2c devices attached.

I'm liking what I see so far with 3.0. Think it's time for me to embrace managing my flows in projects and syncing with github as my next node-red set of skills to master.

On an unrelated note... I'm delighted to report that the very most recent release of RasbianOS 64bit fixed the official touchscreen issue whereby touch didn't work. It much better. (So kudos to the Pi folks as well)..

• What browser was this (name & version please)
  • Can you check the browsers console - are there any errors?

Google Chrome Version 74.0.3729.108 (Official Build) (64-bit)
No Errors shown in console.
if i select a large space in the browser window with right click drag, the 'hidden' nodes appear again. the flow is running and executing as per expectation.

for some reason, my google browser is not updating to a new version.

Wow - you really need to update that. It is more than 3 years old.

Uninstall, re-install?

2 Likes

YeS!
Updating was not working, so i uninstalled and fresh installed GC as per your suggestion.
Now editor is OK.

Thanks @Steve-Mcl .

1 Like

I was on Safari 15.3 and just now updated to newer version of Monterey 12.4 (on M1, 2020) and Safari 15.5, it now works all fine (I finally see again all nodes and links!).

1 Like

When I try to upgrade using npm it appears succuessfull but still shows v 2.2.
What am I doing wrong?

$ sudo npm install -g --unsafe-perm node-red
npm WARN config global --global, --local are deprecated. Use --location=global instead.

changed 294 packages, and audited 295 packages in 1m

38 packages are looking for funding
run npm fund for details

found 0 vulnerabilities
nodered@nodered:~/.node-red/node_modules$ node-red
18 Jul 09:48:57 - [info]

Welcome to Node-RED

18 Jul 09:48:57 - [info] Node-RED version: v2.2.0
18 Jul 09:48:57 - [info] Node.js version: v16.13.2
18 Jul 09:48:57 - [info] Linux 5.4.0-122-generic x64 LE

I would not advise running it from that folder, normally one would be in ~/.node-red. Though I would not expect that to make a difference, but worth trying in case you are using a locally installed version, rather than the globally installed version.

What does
which node-red
show?
How did you install node-red previously?

I have the exact same problem smanjunath211 reported.

I am using Firefox 91.1.0esr 64-bits on Debian 11.4 Gnome 3.38.5. I did clean the cache. The update of Node-RED was done with the official script.

However, Chrome Version 103.0.5060.114 64-bits shows the same flow correctly.

Thanks for the update.

I know what the issue is (it's captured in a GitHub issue) - I am currently considering options - one of those options is to do nothing as we know this is due to old browsers which leads me to this...

This is almost a year old & you should update it.

I'm on Firefox 102.0.1
Screen Shot 2022-07-18 at 3.16.18 PM

I know, but it is the default browser Debian 11.4 Gnome 3.38.5 comes with!

1 Like

I use pm2 to control and it was pointing to the wrong location.
Changed that and it is working now.