Node Red - Alexa and Shutters

I am using node-red-contrib-alexa-remote2 to interface my Alexa with Node-Red, but I am facing a problem with shutters. My shutter devices are not Alexa-compatible, so I am using Alexa Node Red skill Bridge to create "dummy devices" named "Dining shutter", "Kitchen shutter", and so on; but the skill only allows me to create these devices as "lights" or "thermostat" so I have to operate my shutters with "Kitchen shutter ON" or "Kitchen shutter OFF" (which is ugly).

I tried to use the "Listener" node of alexa-remote2 , extracting my "Open Kitchen Shutter" message and trigger a flow. It works, but every time Alexa Echo responds that "the device doesn't have this capability" (which is ugly too).

I know I could set up a routine for each shutter (err: 2 routines, one for UP and one for DOWN), but the devices are more than 20 and it will become a mess.

Any alternative way to have a shutter operate with UP/DOWN (or RAISE/LOWER) for my shutters? Has anyone faced the same problem?

Try node-red-contrib-virtual-smart-home (node) - Node-RED
it allows devices window coverings and garage door i think.

Very interesting, thank you!
I am struggling in trying to parse the output and select what I need to raise the blinds, but - indeed - the node is perfect for my needs!

Do you know if this node is in some way influencing node-red-contrib-alexa-remote2? Since I installed virtual device, Alexa stopped talking from my flows. Can it be a coincidence?

No idea, but alexa remote2 does seem to have reliability issues.

Yes, it does. But it has been forked and now it is working.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.