Node-Red "Connection Lost"

Mosquito will be fine. As Steve said it'll be the amount of data you are trying to chart. I'd say once a minute would still be more than enough.

I just reinstalled RPI and Node-Red.
I haven't installed Mosquitto yet (I'll do it step by step to make sure I'm not the one installing the different applications wrongly).
Knowing that these are probes to calculate the temperature of a terrarium, I need accurate data and therefore refreshed frequently. I will test with 30 seconds for now.

Thanks for your support :wink:

1 Like

Measure as often as you like (and then act/control) . Just send to the chart every minute :slight_smile:

1 Like

There was no need to do that, this is not Windows.

4 Likes

All good practise though. I often do same, install an app. Install lots of extra stuff that people “helpfully” suggest on forums until I get it working. Then restart clean and only follow the path that worked.

True, but here we haven't got to the point of getting it working yet.

After several tests, it turns out that the problem was indeed the flow of too much data to the dashboard of "Node-Red".
Thanks to all of you for your support and sorry I couldn't answer you yesterday ... my newbie account limited me in the number of messages per day ! :wink:

"Be well and take care of your family"

1 Like

Je vais suivre ces bons conseils.
Thank you :wink:

That's my problem, I'm a Windowsian :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.