Node-red-contrib-ical-events to mqtt

Hey guys,

I have made an automatic fish feeder which is controlled via mqtt. I want to use a google calendar to execute the events.
So, my gogle calendar connection is working as you can see in my first attempt.

now I need some help.
1.) how to make a function which convert the object in a way that the text of the description is send as a string via mqtt to my broker (mqtt connection is still working; i am using it in some other cases)
2.) how can I make that such an event is only send one time and not several times? I want to make an appointment in my calendar, it should be recognized by node-red and send ONE mqtt message to initiate ONE feeding event.

greeting

There’s a great page in the docs (Working with messages : Node-RED) that will explain how to use the debug panel to find the right path to any data item.

Pay particular attention to the part about the buttons that appear under your mouse pointer when you over hover a debug message property in the sidebar.

BX00Cy7yHi

For your second question take a look at the trigger node

thank you very much. first I thought I can't make it. but then I was able to solve my first question. Everytime a mqtt messages with the description contant as string is send now.

but I still don't know how I could make it, that this happens only once and not again and again. :confused:

Blocking multiple msgs is easy but how do you determine when to send another?

hm, only one message a day maybe?

You're asking the wrong person, you're the only one who can answer that. Why are so many msgs coming into the flow?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.