Node-red-node-google - can't get multiple calendar events

I fear that I may have wasted a few hours tonight setting up the node-google node after reading posts on other forums about people requesting and receiving multiple calendar entries from a specified google calendar.

After getting it to all connected I failed to get more than the next calendar entry to return from each calendar that I specified.

I then noticed that when I hover over the google calendar node in node-red that is says "Return the next event in google calendar", which aligns with the documentation, but not the posts I found that showed a screenshot of an array of objects being returned - presumably each object representing an individual calendar event!

Am I barking up the wrong tree and actually need to use another node-red node or is there a parameter I am missing...

let now = new Date();
let startOfMonth = new Date(Date.UTC(now.getUTCFullYear(), now.getUTCMonth(), 1, 0, 0, 0));
let endOfMonth = new Date(Date.UTC(now.getUTCFullYear(), now.getUTCMonth() + 1, 0, 23, 59, 59));

msg.topic = {
    maxResults: 250,
    calendarId: msg.calendar, 
    timeMin: startOfMonth.toISOString(),
    timeMax: endOfMonth.toISOString()
};

return msg;

Before anyone jumps up and down, if I sent a msg.payload I always get a response of ""Error: no event found". I can sent msg.[anything[ and I always get the next calendar entry, so long as anything != "payload"

@knolleary @dceejay I notice you are maintainers of this node. Can you help please?

EDIT:
Interestingly I just tested the API via here: Google Event list API and I do get an array of objects in the response, so the API allows it. I suspect I am just doing something wrong with the request.

FYI, I ended up using another node which works very well.

Glad you are sorted.

for future reader, please tell us the node (a link from the flows library would be even better)