Node-red-contrib-iiot-opcua | empty field

Hello,

I have an OPC UA server running and connected to UA Expert. I have tried to inject data from the general "inject node" to a "OPCUA-IIoT-Server-ASO" and after that to the OPC UA Server, everything is ok except the field "value" that has as value " " instead the string that I am injecting. How can I fix it?

Thank you

0 Likes

I think you need to give us a few more clues, we are not telepathic. You say you are injecting a string, but then that the field value is empty. How is the string supposed to get from the payload to that field, or are you asking how to construct a message with the field value containing a string you inject? If so then you can use a change node to do that.

0 Likes

Ok, you are right. I hope that this image can help to understand my problem. You can see remarked in red the type of "opc ua node" that I am using and remarked in blue the ouput with the field value with a " " instead of "hello" that is what I am injecting.

0 Likes

You will need someone who knows about that node I think.
Tell us exactly which node you have installed. node-red-contrib-something probably.

0 Likes

I only installed node-red-contrib-iiot-opcua

0 Likes

so in your image

msg.payload = "hello"

and

msg.payload.value = " "

It might be worth reading the Working with messages page in the docs https://nodered.org/docs/user-guide/messages

Which will explain how to use the debug to spot things such as this.

0 Likes

I continue with the same problem. Any other help is welcome.

0 Likes