Node-red-contrib-persist nodes not working after Node-RED upgrade

Hi!

After doing an apt-get-update/upgrade on my RPi all persist nodes in my flows are non functionnal and Node-RED generated warnings upon starting:

[warn] [RED.events] Deprecated use of "nodes-started" event from "/home/pi/.node-red/node_modules/node-red-contrib-persist/persist.js:164:20". Use "flows:started" instead.

I changed both occurences of nodes-started to flows:started in the persist.js file and no longer got the warning upon starting but my persist stores still didn't work so I deleted them and created new a one.

The persist store appears to have been created successfully but when I write to it and try to restore its content I get nothing. No error message either...

Where can I find these files and can I check if they are indeed getting written to?

Any ideas how to fix this short of performing a clean reinstall of Node-RED?

Thanks!

NOTE: So I found the location of the persist files (home/pi by default duh!...) and they are indeed getting written to so I guess this means the persist IN nodes are working as expected. I can't however get anything out of the persist OUT nodes it seems. I connected a debug node to my persist OUT node and nothing comes out when I press the restore button.

You could use persistent context. It is easily setup in settings.js (see node-red documentation)

Alternatively, post an issue on the GitHub repository: Issues · DeanCording/node-red-contrib-persist · GitHub - however the author seems to be unresponsive so you may not get anywhere with that.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.