Node-red-contrib-ui-artless-gauge - issue with iphone safari

Don't have android readily available to verify, but can confirm this is the exact issue seen on iOS. (With the 9 -> 10 gauges) .

iOS === :nine: gauges and that's it for today.
I will investigate it deeply.
Very strange and sad case.
:pleading_face:

1 Like

Actually it does not load on my imac with Safari either (well maybe didnt wait longer than 1 minute).

On Chrome it works, I see that the node will load the js file for every gauge (doesnt have to be a problem), but are the gauges instanciated or does it create complete new ones ?

1 Like

Very likely. No proof yet but one to investigate.

1 Like

And the issue is solved in version 0.1.38
Many thanks to @afelix helping me out with device testing.

2 Likes

Have this problem too (only on a few gauges and when disabling them the rest works fine).
I was happy when you report tht the issue is fixed!

But sorry not for me.

1. side still stopped loading
  2. after deleting the cache still nothing happens
  3. only one of two gauges (progress 1-100%) works
  4. the second "Leistung" always blocking, as a single one or together with the first (The only "real" difference is perhaps the dots?)

... tested again. Now the "Leistung" works but not together with the "Progress" one. I think this happens randomly. And needs to delete the cache to work (sometimes) at all.

This one with 6 gauges allways worked and still works without any problems

Sorry I can't find any reason or reproducible steps

Does not sound actually as same issue. Tell me more about the platform and/or the way you are using the node-red.

Sure:

IPhone Xs running iOS 13.4.1 running Safari.
All works (fine) on Win 10
chrome:
Edge (I dont use so I dont take care)
firefox:

Even when I erase the fa-bolt same problem

The flow is simple only showing Homie-MQTT values:

Don't know if the flow is usefull (I:m using the homie nodes):

[{"id":"4b1b34b9.ac39ec","type":"homie-convention-device","z":"25cbe481.e10bec","broker":"3840d6b5.4291da","name":"","deviceID":"Brunnenpumpe","nodeID":"Energy","propertyID":"Power","topic":"Brunnenpumpe/Energy/Power","infoAttributes":true,"infoTiming":true,"infoError":true,"addLabel":"none","labelTopic":false,"labelPayload":true,"labelName":"","uiPlaceName":"","uiNode":"none","uiControlDropdown":true,"uiControlMinMax":true,"uiColor1":"#ffffff","uiBgColor1":"#ffffff","uiColorON":"#ffffff","uiColorOFF":"#ffffff","uiColorPredicted":"#ffffff","uiUseColorPredicted":false,"uiColorPredictedOff":"#ffffff","uiUseColorPredictedOff":false,"uiFormat":false,"uiTooltip":"","uiIcon1":"","uiIconON":"","uiIconOFF":"","uiSwitchPredicted":false,"uiSwitchColorPredictedON":"#aaaaaa","uiSwitchColorPredictedOFF":"#aaaaaa","uiSwitchIconPredictedON":"fa-toggle-on","uiSwitchIconPredictedOFF":"fa-toggle-off","uiFormatColor":"homieString","settable":false,"x":215,"y":1564,"wires":[["c682748c.a8b268"],[]]},{"id":"7caf27e8.5ed9e8","type":"homie-convention-device","z":"25cbe481.e10bec","broker":"3840d6b5.4291da","name":"","deviceID":"Brunnenpumpe","nodeID":"Relais","propertyID":"switch","topic":"Brunnenpumpe/Relais/switch","infoAttributes":true,"infoTiming":true,"infoError":true,"addLabel":"custom","labelTopic":true,"labelPayload":false,"labelName":"Wasserwerk","uiPlaceName":"","uiNode":"uiSwitch","uiControlDropdown":true,"uiControlMinMax":true,"uiColor1":"#ffffff","uiBgColor1":"#ffffff","uiColorON":"#ec0000","uiColorOFF":"#ffffff","uiColorPredicted":"#ffffff","uiUseColorPredicted":false,"uiColorPredictedOff":"#ffffff","uiUseColorPredictedOff":false,"uiFormat":false,"uiTooltip":"","uiIcon1":"","uiIconON":"","uiIconOFF":"","uiSwitchPredicted":false,"uiSwitchColorPredictedON":"#aaaaaa","uiSwitchColorPredictedOFF":"#aaaaaa","uiSwitchIconPredictedON":"fa-toggle-on","uiSwitchIconPredictedOFF":"fa-toggle-off","uiFormatColor":"homieString","settable":false,"x":205,"y":1462,"wires":[["1ff7d5be.f2d2ea"],[]]},{"id":"1ff7d5be.f2d2ea","type":"ui_switch","z":"25cbe481.e10bec","name":"Wasserwerk","label":"","tooltip":"","group":"3e7e8988.d303e6","order":6,"width":"2","height":"1","passthru":false,"decouple":"true","topic":"","style":"","onvalue":"true","onvalueType":"bool","onicon":"","oncolor":"","offvalue":"false","offvalueType":"bool","officon":"","offcolor":"","x":512,"y":1428,"wires":[["7caf27e8.5ed9e8"]]},{"id":"c53046dc.d126e8","type":"ui_dropdown","z":"25cbe481.e10bec","name":"Program","label":"Programm","tooltip":"Select Sprinkler Program","place":"Select program","group":"3e7e8988.d303e6","order":1,"width":"6","height":"1","passthru":false,"options":[{"label":"","value":"","type":"str"}],"payload":"","topic":"program","x":502,"y":1173,"wires":[["69ef478b.bbb0e8"]]},{"id":"42184438.6ec6cc","type":"ui_button","z":"25cbe481.e10bec","name":"Start","group":"3e7e8988.d303e6","order":2,"width":"1","height":"1","passthru":false,"label":"","tooltip":"Sprinklerprogramm starten","color":"","bgcolor":"","icon":"play_circle_outline","payload":"start","payloadType":"str","topic":"command","x":492,"y":1224,"wires":[["3a5b23fb.c561ac"]]},{"id":"8bc9d61a.376508","type":"ui_button","z":"25cbe481.e10bec","name":"Stop","group":"3e7e8988.d303e6","order":3,"width":"1","height":"1","passthru":false,"label":"","tooltip":"Sprinklerprogramm stoppen","color":"","bgcolor":"","icon":"stop","payload":"stop","payloadType":"str","topic":"command","x":492,"y":1275,"wires":[["3a5b23fb.c561ac"]]},{"id":"28b58dc3.a040b2","type":"ui_button","z":"25cbe481.e10bec","name":"Pause","group":"3e7e8988.d303e6","order":4,"width":"1","height":"1","passthru":false,"label":"","tooltip":"Sprinklerprogramm starten","color":"","bgcolor":"","icon":"pause_circle_outline","payload":"pause","payloadType":"str","topic":"command","x":492,"y":1326,"wires":[["3a5b23fb.c561ac"]]},{"id":"84c84c4f.e3c3f","type":"ui_button","z":"25cbe481.e10bec","name":"Next","group":"3e7e8988.d303e6","order":5,"width":"1","height":"1","passthru":false,"label":"","tooltip":"Nächster Sprinkler","color":"","bgcolor":"","icon":"skip_next","payload":"next","payloadType":"str","topic":"command","x":492,"y":1377,"wires":[["3a5b23fb.c561ac"]]},{"id":"69ef478b.bbb0e8","type":"homie-convention-device","z":"25cbe481.e10bec","broker":"3840d6b5.4291da","name":"","deviceID":"Node-RED","nodeID":"sprinklerSystem","propertyID":"program","topic":"Node-RED/sprinklerSystem/program","infoAttributes":true,"infoTiming":true,"infoError":true,"addLabel":"none","labelTopic":false,"labelPayload":true,"labelName":"","uiPlaceName":"","uiNode":"uiDropdown","uiControlDropdown":true,"uiControlMinMax":true,"uiColor1":"#ffffff","uiBgColor1":"#ffffff","uiColorON":"#ffffff","uiColorOFF":"#ffffff","uiColorPredicted":"#ffffff","uiUseColorPredicted":false,"uiColorPredictedOff":"#ffffff","uiUseColorPredictedOff":false,"uiFormat":false,"uiTooltip":"","uiIcon1":"","uiIconON":"","uiIconOFF":"","uiSwitchPredicted":false,"uiSwitchColorPredictedON":"#aaaaaa","uiSwitchColorPredictedOFF":"#aaaaaa","uiSwitchIconPredictedON":"fa-toggle-on","uiSwitchIconPredictedOFF":"fa-toggle-off","uiFormatColor":"homieString","settable":false,"x":218,"y":1224,"wires":[["c53046dc.d126e8"],[]]},{"id":"3a5b23fb.c561ac","type":"homie-convention-device","z":"25cbe481.e10bec","broker":"3840d6b5.4291da","name":"","deviceID":"Node-RED","nodeID":"sprinklerSystem","propertyID":"command","topic":"Node-RED/sprinklerSystem/command","infoAttributes":true,"infoTiming":true,"infoError":true,"addLabel":"none","labelTopic":false,"labelPayload":true,"labelName":"","uiPlaceName":"","uiNode":"uiDropdown","uiControlDropdown":true,"uiControlMinMax":true,"uiColor1":"#ffffff","uiBgColor1":"#ffffff","uiColorON":"#ffffff","uiColorOFF":"#ffffff","uiColorPredicted":"#ffffff","uiUseColorPredicted":false,"uiColorPredictedOff":"#ffffff","uiUseColorPredictedOff":false,"uiFormat":false,"uiTooltip":"","uiIcon1":"","uiIconON":"","uiIconOFF":"","uiSwitchPredicted":false,"uiSwitchColorPredictedON":"#aaaaaa","uiSwitchColorPredictedOFF":"#aaaaaa","uiSwitchIconPredictedON":"fa-toggle-on","uiSwitchIconPredictedOFF":"fa-toggle-off","uiFormatColor":"homieString","settable":false,"x":796,"y":1224,"wires":[[],[]]},{"id":"41a23fc4.6cc2c","type":"ui_artlessgauge","z":"25cbe481.e10bec","group":"3e7e8988.d303e6","order":9,"width":0,"height":0,"name":"Progress","icon":"fa-clock-o","label":"Progress","unit":"%","layout":"linear","decimals":"1","differential":false,"minmax":false,"colorTrack":"#555555","colorFromTheme":true,"property":"payload","sectors":[{"val":0,"col":"#ff9900","t":"min","dot":0},{"val":100,"col":"#ff9900","t":"max","dot":0}],"lineWidth":3,"bgcolorFromTheme":true,"diffCenter":"","x":502,"y":1513,"wires":[]},{"id":"ae37fc26.14e13","type":"homie-convention-device","z":"25cbe481.e10bec","broker":"3840d6b5.4291da","name":"","deviceID":"Node-RED","nodeID":"sprinklerSystem","propertyID":"progress","topic":"Node-RED/sprinklerSystem/progress","infoAttributes":true,"infoTiming":true,"infoError":true,"addLabel":"none","labelTopic":false,"labelPayload":true,"labelName":"","uiPlaceName":"","uiNode":"none","uiControlDropdown":true,"uiControlMinMax":true,"uiColor1":"#ffffff","uiBgColor1":"#ffffff","uiColorON":"#ffffff","uiColorOFF":"#ffffff","uiColorPredicted":"#ffffff","uiUseColorPredicted":false,"uiColorPredictedOff":"#ffffff","uiUseColorPredictedOff":false,"uiFormat":false,"uiTooltip":"","uiIcon1":"","uiIconON":"","uiIconOFF":"","uiSwitchPredicted":false,"uiSwitchColorPredictedON":"#aaaaaa","uiSwitchColorPredictedOFF":"#aaaaaa","uiSwitchIconPredictedON":"fa-toggle-on","uiSwitchIconPredictedOFF":"fa-toggle-off","uiFormatColor":"homieString","settable":false,"x":235,"y":1513,"wires":[["41a23fc4.6cc2c"],[]]},{"id":"c682748c.a8b268","type":"ui_artlessgauge","z":"25cbe481.e10bec","group":"3e7e8988.d303e6","order":9,"width":0,"height":0,"name":"Power","icon":"fa-bolt","label":"Leistung","unit":"Watt","layout":"linear","decimals":"0","differential":false,"minmax":false,"colorTrack":"#555555","colorFromTheme":true,"property":"payload","sectors":[{"val":0,"col":"#82c880","t":"min","dot":0},{"val":500,"col":"#00aa00","t":"sec","dot":4},{"val":700,"col":"#ce0000","t":"sec","dot":4},{"val":800,"col":"#ce0000","t":"max","dot":0}],"lineWidth":3,"bgcolorFromTheme":true,"diffCenter":"","x":492,"y":1547,"wires":[]},{"id":"3840d6b5.4291da","type":"homie-convention-broker-config","z":"","mqtt-host":"192.168.2.14","mqtt-port":"1883","usetls":false,"name":"mosquitto@home","homieName":"Node-RED","homieFriendlyName":"Node Red @ home","homieRoot":"homie","storeGlobal":true},{"id":"3e7e8988.d303e6","type":"ui_group","z":"","name":"Bewässerung","tab":"23f4d58e.4acb7a","order":4,"disp":true,"width":"6","collapse":false},{"id":"23f4d58e.4acb7a","type":"ui_tab","z":"","name":"Garten","icon":"fa-leaf","order":1,"disabled":false,"hidden":false}]

v0.1.39 available. Improvements on areas where animations may fail. Can't say if it helps but worth of try.
I can count exactly 9 gauges based on that what you have shown. You may be use some more?
Or do you use also https://flows.nodered.org/node/node-red-contrib-ui-level node somewhere in your project? If so, it also has update you should take in.
If not, I just have no clue why ...

Sorry to say - the update didn`t helped to solve the issue.

And yes, There are ui-level nodes on the same tab:

As I workaround I use ui-level for these two linear gauges, no problem.
And Yes again, The Tab with 7 gauges work with no problem.

Could it be that a msg.payload=0 on the problematic tab cause the problem? Power is most of the time 0? Only an Idea.

Now I have too many confusing inputs that I cant make any sense of it.
Cant understand what is not working and with what equipment. From last image I can guess it is from desktop and I see that those gauges work well.
Gauge with label "Leistung" is showing 0 watt, from your flow I saw that it is configured to show integer values, min value is 0 and that 0 is perfectly shown. (if the input for that moment was 0 of course.)

So this setup works?? (on desktop, browser unknown)
What exactly is not working?

Tried it again, no change, it is slow on preparing the animations, if you check the rail-profiler in chrome, it gives warnings on the task durations.

Looking at the js library, isn't it a bit heavy for displaying 2 types of graphs ? On code-pen I found a light js version, same functionality.

Sorry to be unclear. The screenshot of my last message showing the complete tab on a desktop browser (chrome).
When I use ui-level it looks like this on safari on iOS (iPhone Xs) All fine:

But when I use artless-gauge it works fine on chrome/win 10:
But don‘t finish loading with a permanent X button (right from the url) or stops loading (with an reload button) on iOS:

or even crash safari on iOS after around 10sec (back to home screen). As the same could happen when you re-open safari you have not much time to close the "problematic" tab.

I can use ui-level, no problem - but artless-gauge looks so much nicer :wink:

Thank you. Now it is clear. I'll investigate, but certainly takes time.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.