Node Red Docker container crashing after configuring particle node

Hi,

I am trying to set up particle node in my flow and every time I configure the particle node with clientid and client secret my nodered container crashes with the following error.

24 Feb 10:13:39 - [warn] Encrypted credentials not found
24 Feb 10:13:39 - [info] Server now running at http://127.0.0.1:1880/
24 Feb 10:13:39 - [info] Starting flows
24 Feb 10:13:39 - [info] Started flows
24 Feb 10:13:39 - [red] Uncaught Exception:
24 Feb 10:13:39 - [error] Error: HTTP error 400 from https://api.particle.io/oauth/token - Invalid or missing client_id parameter
    at /data/node_modules/particle-api-js/lib/Agent.js:251:19
    at Request.callback (/data/node_modules/superagent/lib/node/index.js:905:3)
    at /data/node_modules/superagent/lib/node/index.js:1126:20
    at IncomingMessage.<anonymous> (/data/node_modules/superagent/lib/node/parsers/json.js:22:7)
    at IncomingMessage.emit (node:events:539:35)
    at endReadableNT (node:internal/streams/readable:1345:12)
    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:83:21)

Can anyone please help me with this issue?

Thanks and Regards
Antony

Welcome to the forum @anto

The crash seems to be caused by whatever node you are trying to use to access particle.io. What node is that?

Hi Colin,

Thanks for your response.
I am trying to access Particle Subscribe node.
However particle nodes were working fine few months ago but for my new VM I am facing this issue.

Thanks

That does not tell me enough. Which node did you install to get that? node-red-contrib-something probably.

Hi Colin,

It was @particle/node-red-contrib-particle-official.

If you look at the issues on the node's github page you will see that others have had problems with the node crashing node-red, though not for exactly the same reason as yourself. You can also see that the issues have not been answered so it appears that the node is no longer supported.

The 400 error means that the particle server is not happy about the data you have sent it, so likely it is something to do with what you are doing that is triggering it. You may have to find an alternative solution if you cannot work out what you are doing that the node does not like.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.