Node-RED google home integration

Hi,

First thanks a lot for your service! It works exactly as I need, except one issue.

Google assistant support my native language polish and English commands, so I can eg. call my chromecast to enable my TV in polish without any problems. But I can't call commands related with Nora in polish. In English everything is ok, but devices seem to be linked to the EN language and even when I give it polish name and assign to rooms with polish name, commands in polish does not work. Do you know solution for this ? Maybe it is because this service have main language English in google setup ?

Marcin.

Hey Andrei, thank you very much for this.
Your support is perfect.

Currently I cannot test version 24 because on here it still says v23?

You're right. I just checked and only English was selected (I remember all languages being enabled). I enabled all the languages now, but I think I need to create a new release and that may take a while. Can you check if it works now?

I assume that page is updated based on a cron job once a week or something. You can manually install the latest if you go to your .node-red home folder and npm install node-red-contrib-nora@latest.

Thanks for quick answer, I will test it but maybe latter because now something is wrong with my assistant because I don't get any responses on my phone related with home control.

Today it is fine. When I add light with polish name, and room in polish name I can call this light via Phone , but there is another bug probably on the google side - When I send request to switch light on or off google assistant perform this task but send answer "Sorry I didn't get any response" readed by polish voice so souds funny :wink: Maybe you know why this happened.

Could be when NORA is down (either by restart or from updates). I'll have a look in the logs

This is quite know problem with Google asistant when people using two voices:

https://support.google.com/assistant/thread/494671?hl=en

But maybe you know solution for this... If you need me for testing this just let me know using my email (same as my nick here on gmail) or PM me.

Thanks for help.

Ah, in that case there's nothing I can do. Thought it might be an error during an invocation from Google, but it seems there are none :slight_smile:

I think when Google assistant will be available also for devices like google speakers they will resolve the problem.

first of all awesome Node-red Google Assistant integration thank you so much @andrei-tatar ..

is there anyway to send a command to node red? ex: Ok Google "status of front door" or "check front door lock" and get a msg.payload "front door" or "front door lock".

No. Not possible like that.
But it is possible if/when I add support for "door" device. In that case you can keep the open/lock state in sync with your virtual device and can ask google at any time if it's open or not. Same way you can ask now if a switch is on or off.

1 Like

I'm new to this community, so pardon me for asking, but...is there a reason why it wouldn't be easier (and cheaper, and more local) to use Home Assistant to do all of this? The only thing you'd be relying on that wasn't local at that point would be the Google service if it were to go down (or if your internet connect were to go down).

I was wondering if it is possibly to set the colors of a light yet?

Not yet...

Ok I must be doing something wrong (or dont understand something) , have nora installed and integrated-> configured something likee this on screenshot

I have shelly (1 v3) module with supla firmware working great with google home but cant start it via nodered could someone give me this "key hint" to start with it? Tried with node type light and node type switch - in both cases there where beautifull switch and bulb icons, some info in debug but never turned on door light. correct debug is there because i triggered it by voice command to google home mini. when i try to just wait to time i configure in inject block there is log with something like follows: door light on : msg : Object object topic: "door light on" payload: 15.05.2019, 21:50:00 [UTC+2] _msgid: "aafff8ec.655af8"

Fun fact- You have to "spend some time" on forum to be able to send PMs (about 20 minutes?) Mistery of no PM button solved :wink:

yuuupeeeee I am step further :slight_smile: Now flow changes state to "on" but light is still "off" in fact is it some kind of bug or I am doing something wrong?

I hope full flow could help to solve my issue (added off button for sake of consistency;)

[
    {
        "id": "e0b2af34.2237c",
        "type": "tab",
        "label": "Flow 1",
        "disabled": false,
        "info": ""
    },
    {
        "id": "4acded34.496434",
        "type": "debug",
        "z": "e0b2af34.2237c",
        "name": "",
        "active": true,
        "tosidebar": true,
        "console": false,
        "tostatus": false,
        "complete": "payload",
        "targetType": "msg",
        "x": 650,
        "y": 240,
        "wires": []
    },
    {
        "id": "29ceac0b.f92184",
        "type": "nora-light",
        "devicename": "Door light",
        "lightcolor": false,
        "brightnesscontrol": false,
        "passthru": true,
        "statepayload": true,
        "brightnessoverride": "",
        "roomhint": "Door",
        "name": "Door light",
        "nora": "4826ed8e.65bff4",
        "topic": "",
        "onvalue": "on",
        "onvalueType": "str",
        "offvalue": "off",
        "offvalueType": "str",
        "x": 470,
        "y": 260,
        "wires": [
            [
                "4acded34.496434"
            ]
        ]
    },
    {
        "id": "eefd03da.ffaab",
        "type": "inject",
        "topic": "turn light",
        "payload": "on",
        "payloadType": "str",
        "repeat": "",
        "crontab": "55 06 * * *",
        "once": false,
        "onceDelay": 0.1,
        "x": 190,
        "y": 240,
            [
                "29ceac0b.f92184"
            ]
        ]
    },
    {
        "id": "3a48e5b2.5f187a",
        "type": "inject",
        "topic": "turn light",
        "payload": "off",
        "payloadType": "str",
        "repeat": "",
        "crontab": "55 06 * * *",
        "once": false,
        "onceDelay": 0.1,
        "x": 190,
        "y": 300,
            [
                "29ceac0b.f92184"
            ]
        ]
    },
    {
        "id": "4826ed8e.65bff4",
        "type": "nora-config",
        "z": "",
        "name": "nora config",
        "group": ""
    }
]

EDIT:
ok more hours, mor knowledge - can't be started without mqtt and while supla does not support mqtt ( :frowning: ) can not be done like this in my case... looking for workarounds :wink:

Hi,

I was wondering if, for thermostats, you could expose the "queryOnlyTemperatureSetting" setting? I have a thermostat+humidifier in my chicken coop that obviously can't set a temperature. It is, bascially, a read-only/query-only thermostat so I'd like to enable this. Thanks for the awesome work!

Hi,
Please open an issue on github and I will tackle it when I get some time.

Done. https://github.com/andrei-tatar/node-red-contrib-nora/issues/16

Thanks!