Google Home in Nodered

Good morning,
do you have any suggestion for using Google Home through Node-Red?

I tried Nora and SmartNora, but I can't connect
Thank you very much!

Donald

I ended up getting nora to work.

what do you mean it doesnt connect? can you show your debug?

Hi leftymuller,

thanks for the reply!
I downloaded the nora plugin for nodered.
I logged in NORA - Login and I retrieved the token.
I added the token in the "Edit nora config Node" and I tried to use the light node, but I have "not connected".
In my Google Home App I tried to add Nora Device but without succes.

I also tried with SmartNora.
I tried to log to SmartNora and downloaded smartNora plugin in nodered but in node I have "(off 100).

What am I doing wrong?
Thank you very much,
Donald

I have used NORA for a while and when my NORA nodes in Node-RED showed offline I tried to logon and realised NORA is now Smart NORA. Was able to create an account but under My Nora all I get is a message saying you have no groups defined.

Has anyone gotten more info on Smart NORA?

SmartNora has it's own Slack channel where you may get better support - https://join.slack.com/t/smart-nora/shared_invite/zt-nn2w4efp-AXE5jUimp8gzqFI9NK62Ng

1 Like

I use this:

More setup work, but no man-in-the-middle between you and google like other solutions.

3 Likes

Thanks. Haven't seen this but will have a look at it. There's always a balance between convenience (and dependencies to others) vs control...

+1 - I use node-red-contrib-google-smarthome as well, as I didn't like the idea of giving access to my google devices to a third party (NORA, etc).

1 Like

@Botched1 @Achronite - Just looking through the node-red-contrib-google-smarthome setup readme, and it asks for a name for Invocation.
Does this mean that when using voice commands that you need to ask for the Invocation name to carry out the instruction??

For example "Hey google, ask <invocation name> to switch the bedroom lamp on"

Nope. On all mine I just say something like "Hey google, turn on kitchen sink light" or "Hey google, turn on elliptical" (for examples).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.