Node-Red intermittently loses connection with Unifi UDM Pro LAN port

I am using node-red on a raspberry pi 4 with and I am experiencing some issues with connectivity. It is directly plugged into a Unifi UDMPro port as well. I find it seriously weird that the connection is being reported as disconnected when it has a 100% full time wired connection.

Node-Red v2.2.2
Node-JS is v14.19.1

Raspbian info:
PRETTY_NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)"
NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux"
VERSION_ID="10"
VERSION="10 (buster)"
VERSION_CODENAME=buster

Is there any way to investigate this further so that I may get to the bottom of why it is doing this? I am not seeing anything else exhibit this behavior that isn't expected, such as shutting something down, a reboot, etc...

derp

TIA for any insights and I will be happy to provide any additional information that I may have missed.

The screenshot is from the unifi device.
The events state (dis)connected to/from IoT

What is IoT, is this the udm ?
The issue sounds more like a network related issue than a node-red issue.

IoT is Internet of Things and I would agree that it is a network related issue, but possibly because of
Node-Red

I am wondering if there is anything I can do to further understand why this is happening as this raspberry pi didnt drop off like this until after Node-Red was installed.

Check the log file /var/log/messages to see if the nic was down/up.
Or was the Pi overutilized in terms of CPU that it could no longer respond ?

What kind of flows are you running?

And I can not think of a node that would cause this. But to troubleshoot, remove node red and keep monitoring.

To be honest I think it is a problem with the power to your raspberry pi. Move it to an other spot with an other adapter.

Maybe the node red service just made your consumption too high. Like the drop overflowing the bucket.

@bakman2
Thank you, I will look into that.

@EmilWesselink
The power issue should not be any problem. I dont use anything other than rated adapters for any rpi. But I will still have a look into that as well. This is an odd problem I will admit.

Your log shows 3 disconnection events, each after slightly less than 14 days?
Could it be related to the DHCP lease time?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.