Node-red-node-email Nodemailer config

A number of years ago (literally) I made the below feature request regarding the Nodemailer config in the email node. Oddly enough for this group I never received a single reply. :hugs:

After all these years, the issue remains. Any chance of it getting added?

Here is a reply for you :wink:

I'm guessing there were not so many folk interested :man_shrugging:

If there are no takers, would you yourself be in a position to create a Pull Request? We can help direct you if you are unsure of what it takes.

Thanks for the reply :rofl:

Sure, I'll give it a go under some supervision. Will you be my teacher? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
I wasn't sure whether any discussion needed to occur beforehand, so I didn't want to race off and do stuff only to find that that a reject notice had been slapped on me.

Consider this feedback the "ok" to do "something" 1.

Tools required/recommended:

1. git
  2. vs-code (or similar)

General steps:

1. git clone the node-red-nodes repository
    • git clone git@github.com:node-red/node-red-nodes.git
  2. create a branch
    • git checkout -b add-nodemailer-options
  3. make your changes
  4. test you changes
    • cd .node-red
    • npm i /path/to/your/modified/node/
    • node-red
  5. add unit tests
  6. push your branch (use the vs code sync button - much easier than the command)
  7. raise a pull request against master

If any of these steps are unfamiliar, just ask :slight_smile:

1 "something": please stick to the task at hand. It would be wise to discuss your intentions in here before writing lots of code. For example: Are you intending on permiting "options" via the edit form? or via msg? or both? Which ever way you go, try to chose a familiar design pattern established by other nodes that accept options via the msg or node edit form.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.