Node-red-node-email more options for e-mail mta

Hi, I would like to add more smtp-server options to the e-mail mta node, to make it more 'production-ready'. I'm thinking about tls, authentication...
Is it a good idea to extend the e-mail mta node? Or is it better to create a complete new node in a new project?

If the existing MTA node can be extended without breaking existing users or adding huge pre-reqs then yes it would make sense to create a pull-request to extend the existing one.

2 Likes

Hi,

I just made a pull request https://github.com/node-red/node-red-nodes/pull/923.
I added security, authentication and all the options form the underlying smtp server as an 'expert' json configuration.
It is already running to catch motion events from a surveillance camera and it does the job!
Thanks for taking the time to review it.

David

1 Like

Excellent - thanks - added a couple of small comments

Thanks for the quick cooperation!
Any idea when the changes will be visible in npm? Is there some kind of a release schedule or is it done at hoc?

ad-hoc when I get 5 mins to double check the code.

Brilliant, I've searched for exactly this as I need to ingest emails slightly differently due to Microsoft's upcoming changes to basic authentication and this would be a workaround for that, just that it needs to use TLS

Looking forward to the new version

Should be there

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.