Node-RED TensorFlow Object Detection with Telegram on macOS

I was able to test this object detection successfully.
I have two quick questions.

• Is it possible to do the TFS detection in a language other than English ? (payload in french for example)

• I understood that the sound was that of the browser used, from my windows it works because M$oft Zira is installed. On the other hand on my Pi3 under Buster no TTS is installed by default and I can't find the way to install it to make it work. Any idea how to make it work?

Thanks for your answers or ideas.

One more request.
On my Pi 3b, when Node-Red starts, I get an error message with TFJS, and the COCO takes a long time to start. See the screenshot:

On my VM in my Intel Synology processor, I don't have this phenomenon.
Thanks

As you can see - tfjs is a bit of a beast memory wise - so yes it will take a time to start.
I'm not aware of the coco-ssd labels being available in any translation so the classes you get are those that are in the model.

Salut Jean Luc,
see my topic , Object Detection using node-red-contrib-tfjs-coco-ssd
I added an Audio out node with French translation if you are interested I can MP you my flow
Chris

Hey Jean-Luc,
Recently we have added a list on the readme page, containing all object types that the Coco-Ssd model supports at the moment:

The list is not that big, so it should be doable for you to translate those french in e.g. a function node.

Yes I thought about it, but what will happen when there is an update of the original model?

If done properly then the translated ones will stay translated and any new ones would appear as English - and you could then spot that and fix them.
But that is a big if - as I think the coco ssd training set is fairly standard. - but yes it could happen.

That's great. It works great with Chrome.
The translated and spoken French is excellent !

On the other hand, with Firefox, it's not that at all because I can't tell it to use anything else than Microsoft Zira English.

It's a very good plan! Thanks for the help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.