Nodered service is not starting on Ubuntu 20.04

Dear all,
From this morning on, I am not able to login to Node-red ui. I was getting just blank page. I rebooted the service, but is not starting. Output of log is following:

$ sudo systemctl status nodered
● nodered.service - Node-RED graphical event wiring tool
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/nodered.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2024-05-21 09:55:48 UTC; 12s ago
     Docs: http://nodered.org/docs/hardware/raspberrypi.html
  Process: 2278 ExecStart=/usr/bin/env node-red-pi $NODE_OPTIONS $NODE_RED_OPTIONS (code=exited, status=127)
 Main PID: 2278 (code=exited, status=127)

May 21 09:55:48 NodeRed systemd[1]: nodered.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 225.
May 21 09:55:48 NodeRed systemd[1]: Stopped Node-RED graphical event wiring tool.
May 21 09:55:48 NodeRed systemd[1]: Started Node-RED graphical event wiring tool.
May 21 09:55:48 NodeRed systemd[1]: nodered.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=127/n/a
May 21 09:55:48 NodeRed system[1]: nodered.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

Any idea what might be wrong and how to solve it?

Was this running until then?
What did you do (if anything) to cause the problem.

What does
node -v
show?

Try running the install script and see what happens. If it fails then post the install log here (/var/log/nodered-install.log).

I solved it. The problem was in the damages npm. Once I reinstalled NPM, I needed to reinstall node-red as well, but all the settings and nodes stayed untached. So everything's fine.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.