Office 365 send mail smtp

i need help, I have an office 365 account in I am using contrib-email-out, settings:
Server: smtp.office365.com
Port: 587
tls -true
I get the error
Error: 140639452903296: error: 1408F10B: SSL routines: ssl3_get_record: wrong version number: ../ deps / openssl / openssl / ssl / record / ssl3_record.c: 332:

There are no difficulties with other mailboxes (yandex.ru /mail.ru)

Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS
Node-RED version: v2.0.6
Node.js version: v14.18.1

Is there a reason you are not using the email node supplied by the node-red developers, which is the one most people use? That is node-red-node-email.

If you look at the github page for the contrib node you will see that it has not been updated in four years and there are outstanding unaddressed issues dating back to 2017. I suggest you uninstall that one and use the usual one.

I had an old hotmail account and I tried the office365 settings with the node-red-node-email
and it also fails with the same error when i have "Use secure connection" checked.

If i unckeck it the email goes through.
TLS checked

I need to get the status of a message, sent or not sent

if uncheck Use secure connection Error:
Authentication unsuccessful, basic authentication is disabled

If, with the standard email node, you attach to it a Catch node and a Complete node, then the Complete node will fire on success and the Catch node will fire on failure.

1 Like

Office 365 uses "modern authentication" and so will fail if you don't connect using OAuth or similar if modern auth has been required (which it should be if you follow the Microsoft recommended security baseline). Further more, if your admins have turned on MFA, you will need to create an application password and use that instead of your normal login. This may or may not be possible depending on how O365 is configured and what rights your user-id has.

You should contact your O365 admin team to get some help.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.