Pass Input to Output after Pressing Click Button

I read your topic 2 times. Does this means output will be generated only when all the inputs received. Means I will add button and send string pass from button then only joint node will pass value. Is my understanding correct?

Feed the set data message and the button into the Join node. Make sure they have different topics.
Set the Join node to 2 message parts and After Every Subsequent Message.
Look at the debug messages you get out.
Then add a Switch node set to only pass messages with the button topic.

If you need to post a flow here then just export the important nodes, we don't need to see all the stuff before the set data node, and paste it here using the </> button at the top of the forum text input window when pasting it in.

Now event is occuring after button click but i am getting output as follows:

9/30/2020, 1:03:34 AMnode: b2a0eeb6.1a09fpass : msg.payload : Object
object
setdata: "53225850.c42b88"
pass: "Pass"

i am not getting set data properly. This output is of joint node.

What should i do next?

What are you getting out of the setdata node?

i am getting object only but as it is function i am not able to set topic to it. What should i do in such case?

I don't understand. You can set the topic in a function node.
Is the right value coming out of the setdata node?
Are you getting the right data out of the set data node? If so feed it into a debug node and show me.

9/30/2020, 1:18:08 AMnode: msg.payloadmsg.payload : Object

{ Timestamp: 1601408888597, Voltage: 242.8500061, Current: 0, Power Factor: 1.0019378662109375, Frequency: 50.064727783203125 ā€¦ }

Above is the output of set data node. Can you guide me how to set topic to function?

Thanks Colin, now i am receiving correct data. i have set the topic n the function. now i want to separate the set data payload and button pass payload. How can i do that?

Use a Change node to Move the property you want to the payload.

Thanks Colin your guidance was really supportive.

Now Can you guide me about integrating bar code scanner machine to node red?

Best to start a new thread if you have a new question.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.