Password is shown in context of node in plain text

I have a custom node which accepts username and password, if the user submits the details and click on node to view node info/content information then password field is displayed in clear text.
please refer to the image

Any way to hide it ?

@knolleary

@craigcurtin

Probably should not annoy Nick on there sorts of things - we want to keep him busy on NR development !!

Did you write the custom node or is it someone elses you are using ? They would need to adapt the node to support some form of hashing/salting etc of the password and then store that on disk - its not something NR can do for a custom node

Craig

Sorry and thanks Craig for the information

@kiran007 as @craigcurtin says, please dont tag individuals into questions.

The node needs to identify the property as a credential. Node-RED will then store it in the credentials file and not expose it in the editor.

https://nodered.org/docs/creating-nodes/credentials

It just hides the password at export function but in context are its shown the password
please refer to the image

That suggests you have a credentials property in the nodes defaults object. That is wrong. Check the docs I linked to.

I did 3 steps as per your documentation

1. I added credential in default section of HTML file please refer the screenshot 1
  2. in JS file added same please refer screenshot 2
  3. HTML thing screenshot

anything I miss?

it doesn't say add to defaults anywhere - it says " Add a new credentials entry to the node’s definition:" So in step 1 add them after defaults for example - not inside.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.