PiGPIOd Freezing or Stops Responding: How to Debug?

Continuing the discussion from PiGPIOd Freezing or Stops Responding?:
same here...
@Nodi.Rubrum : did you get this resolved?

RPi3+ with NR running as docker container (nodered/node-red:latest-12) and with an optocoupler connected to GPIO04 and GPIO17.

pi@liechtenstein:~ $ cat /etc/rc.local
# startup pigpio
sudo pigpiod
pigs modes  4 r
pigs modes 17 r

exit 0

Sometimes the PiGPIOd input doesn't respond to inbound messages, but pigs r 4 as shell command works fine.
Changing eg. the debouncing setting of the node and deploying it get the inbound response working again.
Any idea to get this solved?
Thanks!

As a long time PiGPIO user, I will say it is extremely well written. Easily the best I/O driver for Raspberry PI IMHO. It is very reliable in our industrial applications over the past five years (we used its c library).

I suspect that it is a problem related to docker or the node or the way you use the node. Unfortunately, on pigpio's website, it clearly states that "Note that pigpio does not support or accept issues relating to problems of running in docker. " :sweat_smile:

Node Red has its own GPIO node, did you have rpi gpio node installed? Multiple GPIO drivers can cause conflict. Try to use only one driver. I don't use the rpi gpio node or docker, but usually contention to use the driver from two sources cause the issue.

is it recommended to use the image "zinen2/alpine-pigpiod" to have access to the GPIO instead of running the pigpio daemon at the host OS?

not seen that one so can't really advise - but certainly sounds like a good thing to try.

Sorry I don't have experience on "zinen2/alpine-pigpiod".

Did you check out any conflicts on the GPIO ports by different resources?

In our case, we interface more than 20 pi GPIO ports with FPGA. The multiple I/O ports run in parallel in micro-seconds level. No problem for the last five years.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.